Need to boost government employees capabilities to meet people’s aspirations: PMO official
New Delhi: There is a need to enhance skills and capabilities of government employees to meet people’s aspirations, a senior official in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said today.
Addressing a training programme here, P K Mishra, Additional Principal Secretary in the PMO said the goal of the government is to make governance efficient, effective, accountable, responsive and transparent.
“This requires significant capacity building of our employees at all levels to meet the challenges and aspiration of the people and deliver various programmes launched by the new government,” he said.
Mishra said it is a big challenge before all the training institutions, faculty and trainers, to bring the required changes in skills, knowledge and aptitude of employees so that delivery improves.
He was speaking during the closing ceremony of the first national symposium on excellence in training organised by the Department of Personnel and Training in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) here.
He presented the award for excellence in training to the 12 best practice initiatives taken by individual trainers and training institutions under four thematic areas.
The two-day event was inaugurated yesterday by Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for PMO.
The symposium was organised with the overarching objective of providing an annual national platform for various stakeholders associated with training of government sector employees, an official statement said.
The symposium was designed to promote sharing of good practices among stakeholders involved in training among others, it said.
Related to Your Search:
- Invitation of Applications for Creation of National Pool of Trainers on Leadership Skills and Ethics
- DoPT launches e-service record system for government employees
- Payment of Honorarium / fee to Master Trainers and Recognized Trainers for conducting courses under Trainer Development Programme (TDP) sponsored by the Department ol Personnel & Training.
- Postponement of Training of Trainers programme in Space Technology Application at Dehradun and Hyderabad to be held form 11 July to 15 July 2016
- Railway Minister gives directions for “comprehensive training programme” for all employees
- Inviting proposals from Institutions for One Week In-service Training (IST) programme during 2018-19
- 38 DoPT employees presented with Excellence Awards
- Level-II Training Programme from 22.06.2015 to 03.07.2015 for PAs of CSSS -reg
- No public holiday on International Yoga Day; yoga voluntary for govt employees