Nature of discipline and a punishment appropriate to the seriousness of the offense committed
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi- 110 001
All Chief Post Masters General
Subject: Nature of disciplinary action and quantum of punishment to be commensurate with the gravity of the offence committed- reg.
Madam / Sir,
It has been observed by the Competent Authority that in some of the Rule9 cases submitted to this office for Presidential Order the charge sheets under Rule-14 of CCS (CCA Rules, 1965 are issued to the officials in cases having low gravity of offence committed by the delinquent officials immediate before their retirement. These proceedings are deemed to be continued under Rule-9 of CCS (Pension) Rules, t972 after their retirement.
On examining such cases, the misconduct or negligence cannot be established grave enough which warrants imposition of penalty by way of withholding pension / gratuity or both in terms of Rule-9 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972. As such the proposal is dropped by the Competent Authority. This results in payment of interest on delayed payment of Gratuity to the official.
Instruction on the subject matter have already been circulated vide letter No 6/19/72Disc.1 dated 29.11.1972 (DG P&T order 2 below Rule’14 of CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965). It is, therefore, reiterated that in future while issuing charge sheet to the delinquent officials, the Disciplinary Authority should determine the with care and deliberation gravity of office and nature of action to be taken in each case on its merits.
DDG (VP, SR &Legal)
Related to Your Search:
- FAQ on Pension Policy (Central Civil Services)
- Procedure for imposing a penalty specified in Rule 10 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011.
- DoPT clarfication on Rule 32 of the CCS(CCA) Rules, 1965: Advice of the UPSC to be communicated along with final order of penalty
- Steps to complete the pension case as prescribed in in CCS Pension Rules, 1972
- Directorate of Estates Orders 2013 – Furnishing of Information reg transfer, retirement, voluntary retirement, resignation, long leave, missing and death of Government Officials
- Revision of Schedule of Engaging Authority for BPMs and ABPMs / Dak Sevaks under Rule 31 of GDS
- BSNL – Instructions regarding timely release / payment of Gratuity (DCRG) for avoiding payment of interest on delayed payment of Gratuity
- Submission of Appeal before DoP&T against order passed by the State disciplinary authority under Rule 18 (3) & (4) of AIS (D&A) Rules, 1969
- Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965-Advice of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to be communicated to the delinquent Government servant – when a penalty is set aside-clarification