NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN AND AGITATIONAL PROGRAMMES CULMINATING IN STRIKE
REF: CIRCULAR NO. 2/2016-19
CONFEDERATION NATIONAL SECRETARIAT DECIDED TO ORGANISE NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN AND AGITATIONAL PROGRAMMES CULMINATING IN STRIKE
- AGAINST THE TOTALLY NEGATIVE AND INDIFFERENT ATTITUDE OF THE NDA GOVT.
- AGAINST NON-IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ASSURANCE GIVEN BY GROUP OF MINISTERS TO NJCA
- DEMANDING IMMEDIATE SETTLEMENT OF THE CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1ST PHASE: 20TH OCTOBER 2016: THURSDAY
Demonstration at all centres/all office gates and forwarding of resolutions adopted on charter of demands to Hon’ble Prime Minister of India (2) Hon’ble Home Minister (3) Hon’ble Finance Minister and all Departmental heads.
2ND PHASE: 7TH NOVEMBER 2016: MONDAY
Mass dharna at all state capitals/important centres.
3RD PHASE: 15TH DECEMBER 2016: THURSDAY
Massive Parliament March of not less than 20000 Central Government employees.
4TH PHASE: STRIKE JOINTLY WITH ALL LIKE MINDED ORGANISATIONS
Date will be decided in consultation with other organisations.
The National Secretariat of the Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers met on 30.09.2016 at New Delhi, reviewed the progress made in settlement of the charter of demands submitted by the JCM (NC) staff side to the Central Government, with particular reference to the assurance given by the Group of Ministers regarding constitution of a High Level Committee for increasing the minimum wage and fitment formula. The National Secretariat viewed with grave concern the totally negative and indifferent attitude of the NDA Government towards the genuine demands of the Central Government employees and expressed its strong protest against non-implementation of the assurance given by the Cabinet Ministers to the NJCA till this date. As already resolved by the 25th National Conference of the Confederation held at Chennai from 16th to 18th August 2016, the National Secretariat decided to organize independent campaign and agitational programmes culminating in strike action. The National Secretariat, at the same time, resolved to maintain unity under the banner of NJCA intact and also resolved that confederation while conducting its own independent campaign and agitational programmes, shall fully implement all the programmes of NJCA also at all levels.
Accordingly, the National Secretariat decided to organize the above mentioned phased programme of action during the months of October, November and December 2016. The National Secretariat further deiced that before finalizing the date of the strike action, the Confederation leadership shall contact all likeminded organisations and effort should be made to bring maximum unity of Central Government employees for the proposed strike action.
For the December 15th Parliament March, National Secretariat fixed the following quota for ensuring participation of about not less than 20000 employees in the March.
1. National Federation of Postal Employees (all affiliates): 10000
2. Income Tax Employees Federation: 2500
3. Audit & Accounts Association: 1000
4. Civil Accounts Employees Association: 800
5. National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees: 300
6. Ground Water Board Employees Association: 300
7. Other Affiliates (Each): 100
8. COC West Bengal: 1000
9. COC Tamilnadu: 1000
10. COC Kerala: 500
11. COC Uttar Pradesh: 1000
12. COC Mumbai: 500
13. COC Nagpur: 300
14. COC Andhra/Telangana: 1000
15. COC Karnataka: 500
16. All other COCs (Each): 300
17. COC Delhi: 3000
Major organisations shall arrange Accommodation for the participants from their organization. Regarding small organisations and COCs they should contact in advance the Confederation CHQ, in case accommodation is to be arranged.
Affiliated organisations and COCs should fix state-wise quota and affiliated organization-wise quota immediately and inform all affiliates/State units immediately to enable them to decide the participants
Travel tickets for the participants in the Parliament March should be booked immediately, as otherwise it will be difficult to get reservation.
Other details will be given in the next circular. Charter of demands approved by the National Secretariat is enclosed herewith.
MAKE THE PROGRAMMES GRAND SUCCESS
All affiliated organisations and COCs are requested to start preperations immediately for making the above mentioned three-phases of programmes a grand success.
Related to Your Search:
- Confederation postponed the One Day Strike from Feb 15th to March 16th 2017
- An Appeal for participation in the agitational programmes of confederation for realisation of 20 point charter of demands
- Action programme of NJCA on 26 Point Charter of Demands submitted by NJCA
- NJCA decides to go on indefinite strike from 1st Week of March 2016
- NJCA – Detailed deliberations on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission
- NJCA MEETING – 17th January 2017, NO CONSENSUS ON REVIVAL OF DEFERRED INDEFINITE STRIKE
- Implementation of 7th CPC Recommendations to Employees of Autonomous Bodies: Confederation to include the issue in Charter of Demand
- 7th CPC recommendations and Charter of Demands
- NJCA has decided to defer strike date to 11th July, 2016 due to elections in five states