CPSEs – IDA pay pattern
No. W-05/0021/2020 -DPE(WC)
Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
Department of Public Enterprises
Public Enterprises Bhawan,
Block No.14, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.
Dated, the 08th January, 2021
Subject:- WP No. 5394/2020 – National Confederation of Officers Associations (petitioner) Vs. Union of India & Anr. before the Hon’ble High Court of Gauhati reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to DPE’s OM No. W-02/0039/2017- DPE (WC) dated 19.11.2020 regarding freezing of Industrial Dearness Allowance w.e.f. 01.10.2020 in respect of Executives and Non-Unionised Supervisors of CPSEs following IDA pay pattern.
2. As no CPSE is under the administrative control of this Department, a copy of the Order dated 04.01.2021 of Hon’ble High Court of Gauhati at Gauhati , with respect to interim relief is enclosed for compliance.
3. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Encl: As Above
All administrative Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India.
THE GAUHATI HIGH COURT
(HIGH COURT OF ASSAM, NAGALAND, MIZORAM AND ARUNACHAL PRADESH)
Case No. : WP(C)/5394/2020
NATIONAL CONFEDERATION OF OFFICERS ASSOCIATIONS
HAVING PPS REGISTERED OFFICE AT 19. SAKET CO-OP. HOUSING
SOCIETY. PANVED. RALGAD. MALLARASIEPR A AND REP. BY [TS
AUTHORIZED SIGNATORY SRIEISLAMUL ELLAQUE MANDAL. SON OF
SAKER UDDIN MANDAL. AGE- 57 YEARS. RESIDENT OF HOUSE NO. 8,
MIRZA GALIB PATH. SUUBARL P.O. AND PS. HATIGAON. GUWAHATI.
DIST.- KAMRUP(M), ASSAM, PIN- 781038.
THE UNION OF INDIA AND ANR.
REP. BY THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVT. OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF HEAVY
INDUSTRIES AND PUBLIC ENTERPRISES, GOVT. OF INDIA, NEW DELHI-110003.
2: THE DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISE
GOVT. OF INDIA
PUBLIC ENTERPRISE BILAWAN
BLOCK NO. I4
CGO COMPLEX –
NEW DELHI- 110003
Advocate for the Petitioner => MRSS DEY
Advocate for the Respondent : ASST US.G.L.
HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE SUMAN SHYAM
Heard Mr. M. Nath, learned counsel appearing for the writ petitioner.
Assailing the office memorandum dated 19/11/2020 issued by the respondent no.2, suspending payment of Dearness Allowance for the periods mentioned therein, the present petition has been filed.
Mr. Nath submits that his clients are entitled to Performance Related Pay (PRP). Therefore, the impugned order is wholly arbitrary and illegal. That apart, by referring to the order dated 26/11/2020 (Annexure-7A), Mr. Nath submits that there is a move afoot to make recovery from the members of the petitioner association on the strength of the impugned notification dated 19/11/2020.
Mr. C.K.S. Baruah, learned CGC, appearing for the respondents has obtained instruction and submits that there is a policy decision of the Government of India preceeding the impugned notification. The learned CGC has, however, denied that there is a proposal for recovery from the employees.
Having heard the submission of learned counsel for both the parties, I am of the view that this matter would call for further examination.
Issue notice of motion returnable in six weeks.
Since the respondents are already represented by Mr. Baruah, no formal notice is required to be sent in this case. However, extra copies of the writ petition, requisite in numbers, be furnished to the learned departmental counsel within three days, so as to enable him to obtain instruction and file affidavit.
Heard on the prayer of interim relief.
The said prayer will be considered after the affidavits are brought on record. However, as a ad-interim measure, it is hereby provided that no recovery shall be made by the respondent no. 2 from the members of the petitioner association until the returnable date.
List this case again after six weeks…
Related to Your Search:
- Retired on 30th June is eligible for Increment Benefit with an annual interest rate of 6 per cent – Madhya Pradesh High Court
- GRANT OF MACP ON PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY: SLP (civil) CC No.10435 of 2014, UOI Vs Babu Ram & Ors
- ARREARS WEF 01.01.06 MATTER- JUDGMENT/ ORDER OF THE HSC IN THE SLP- CA CASES IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Freezing of DA of CPSEs employees drawing pay as per IDA pay revision – High Court Ernakulam Judgement 17.12.2020
- Pension Revision Who are absorbed in Central Public Sector Undertakings – Confederation
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders Mar 2015
- Payment of Arrears w.e.f. 01-01-1996 to 18-02-2003 to Railway Accounts Officer: Supreme Court dismissed the Review Petition
- IMPORTANT JUDGEMENT- OFFICIAL RETIRED ON 30th JUNE IS ELIGIBLE FOR INCREMENT DUE ON 1st JULY NOTIONALLY FOR PENSIONARY BENEFITS
- Important Judgement: 7th CPC Pension Benefit – Retired from service on one day prior to 1.1.2016