MTS – Introduction of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) for Multi Tasking Staff in Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Office Order No. 46 of 2019
Sub: Introduction of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) for Multi Tasking Staff(MTS).
As per Dop&t instructions, there is a provision of assessing the performance of all the employees in Group ‘C’ & above posts. APAR of a Govt. Servant is an essential document for providing the basic and vital inputs for assessing his/her suitability for various administrative matters like confirmation, promotion, selection in ex-cadre posts, financial benefits under MACPS, review /retention in service under FR 56(j) etc. Recently, Railway Board has issued instructions for introduction of APARs in respect of employees in Level-1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix on Zonal Railways.
Consequent upon implementation of recommendations of 6th CPC all erstwhile Group ‘D’ post viz. Messenger, Farash, Safaiwala, Cleaner, Mail, Bearer, Waterman, Khalasi etc. have been merged & upgraded to Group ‘C’ Posts and re-designated as Multi Tasking Staff(MTS). The issue of introduction of APARs for MTS has also been under consideration of this Ministry and it has now been decided by the Competent Authority to introduce the provision of APARs in respect of MTS from the financial year 2018-19. The APAR form the MTS is enclosed.
2.1 ERB-V Branch will provide the APAR forms for all the MTS in service as on 31.03.2019 and who have completed not less than three months of service as on 31.03.2019. Similar practice will be adopted in subsequent years.
2.2 APAR will have to be written for each such posting in which MTS has continuously spent a period of ninely days or more during a financial year.
2.3 In respect of those MTS, who are posted in sections and with officers upto the rank of Director, APAR will be written by Section Officer/Deputy Director/Under Secretary/Joint Director/Director with whom they are posted, as the case may be.
2.4 In respect of those MTS who are posted with the officers in the grade of Executive Director & above, their APAR will be reported by the PSOs/Sr. PPS/PPS/PS, as the case may be.
2.5 In respect of MTS who are posted with two officers, APAR may be written by the officer who has observed him for longer period in consultation with the other officer. In case MTS has been posted with both the officers for similar period, the APAR will be written by the senior of the two officers. In such cases, APAR will be signed by both the officers. In both the cases, if any officer has any objection regarding the entries/grading of APAR, he/she may give a separate note about the point of disagreement.
2.6 The custodian of APARs will be Director (GA) as is the case with APARs of other Group ‘C’ officials.
The process for, reporting APARs for the year 2018-19 should be completed by 31.07.2019 and for the subsequent years, timelines as prescribed for other Group ‘C’ employees, should be followed.
All the officers are requested to follow the above instructions and report the APARs of the MTS under their control.
Related to Your Search:
- Provisions for writing of APAR of Railway Employees Working in Grade Pay Rs.1800/- Level-I
- CGDA – Completion of APARs in “SPARROW”
- ICAR Circular: Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR)
- Introduction of provision for writing of APAR of all Railway employees Working in PB-I, 5200-20200, GP Rs. 1900: Railway Board Order
- DoPT: Recording of Annual Performance Appraisal Report – APAR for the financial year 2017-18 in respect of CSS and CSSS officers – ALERT
- Online submission of APARs by officers of MoD for the Assessment Year 2019-2020
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW for CSS & CSSS Group A officers – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the financial year 2017-18.
- Benchmark for promotion to administrative grades in Railway Services
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Introduction of SPARROW for CSS Officers