OROP Arrears Payment in Record Time
The Government of India which accords utmost importance to the welfare of Ex-Servicemen, has kept its promise with regard to the historic decision taken on 05 September 2015 to implement the more than four decades old demand of Ex-Servicemen for One Rank One Pension (OROP), by ensuring that payments have begun to the concerned in record time.
Orders had been issued with regard to this historic decision, through a notification on 07 November 2015 by the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (ESW) of the Ministry of Defence.
Then within just three months of the issue of these orders, the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (ESW) brought out detailed OROP tables on 03 February 2016, which are also available on their website www.desw.gov.in. The 101 tables in these implementation orders contain revised pension of different ranks and categories. In the past implementation of CSC-2012 and 6th CPC had taken a longer time.
More than two-thirds of the Ex-Servicemen have now been paid the OROP arrears. Payments have now reached the accounts of 13.02 lakh pensioners amounting to about Rs. 2,293 crore. This amount has been released through Defence Pension Disbursing Offices (DPDOs), the State Bank of India (SBI) and the Punjab National Bank (PNB).
The details are as follows:-
As on March 17, the DPDOs have released an amount of about Rs. 606 crore to about 3.20 lakh defence personnel.
The SBI has as released upto March 17 an amount of Rs. 1,337 crore to 7.75 lakh pensioners which includes Family Pension cases. The PNB has released as on March 17, an amount of about Rs. 350 crore to about 2.07 lakh pensioners which includes Family Pension cases.
Other Banks who have also been assigned the task of disbursement of revised defence pension to Ex-Servicemen have been directed to complete the process of payment latest by March end.
Related to Your Search:
- State Bank of India released arrears worth Rs 1,465 crore to 7.75 lakh defence pensioners under One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme
- OROP Arrears is expected to be released by March end to family pensioners
- OROP Table : One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation tables issued
- OROP Pension and Arrears Paid to all Ex-Servicemen by March end
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation order, tables issued
- OROP: Ex-servicemen vow to continue agitation
- OROP PENSION TABLES FOR DEFENCE PERSONNEL – PENSION TABLE FOR REGULAR COMMISSIONED OFFICERS
- Defence Pension – Implement of OROP to Defence Forces Pensioners / Family Pensioners – PIB News
- Expedition Process of OROP