More than 9.5 lakhs women avail benefit under the Maternity Benefit Programme during 2014-15 and 2015-16
Scheme to be implemented on a Pan India basis w.e.f. 01.01.2017
The Maternity Benefit Programme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme being implemented through the State Governments/UT Administrations. The Ministry issues guidelines for implementation of the Programme, releases funds in the prescribed cost sharing ratio and monitors implementation of the scheme. Whenever, any incident of non-payment of benefits under the Programme is brought to the notice of the Ministry, the concerned State Government/UT Administration is requested to take necessary action in this regard. Adequate fund have been placed at the disposal of States/UTs for providing maternity benefit to the eligible beneficiaries.
Earlier this scheme was implemented in selected 53 districts of the country, the Government has approved pan-India Implementation of Maternity Benefit Programme to cover all the districts of the country with effect from 01.01.2017. Year-wise details of funds allotted to the scheme are as under:
(Rupees in Crore)
* For implementation of Maternity Benefit Programme.
Details of funds released under the Maternity Benefit Programme during 2011-12 to 2016-17 (Up to 06.03.2017) and number of beneficiaries across the country is as follows:
|Funds Released (Rs. In Crores)||293.83||82.57||232.05||343.13||233.46|
|No. Of States not reported data of beneficiaries||4||0||3||8||10|
This information was given by Minister of State for Women & Child Development, Smt Krishna Raj in reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act
- Number of women beneficiaries under Swadhar Greh Scheme rises to 17291
- National Minimum Guidelines for setting up and running creches under Maternity Benefit Act, 2017
- Clarification on Recently Notified Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act,2017
- Amendments to the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
- More than 61 lakh beneficiaries enrolled under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana during the last two years till date
- Maternity Leave Incentive Scheme – Clarification by Ministry of Labour & Employment
- Maternity Benefits to the Women Employees – PIB
- Cash Assistance to Pregnant and Lactating Women