More than 82 Lakh Returns E-Filed till 29.07.2013
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
30-July-2013 20:05 IST
Overwhelming Response for e-filing from Every Corner of the Country; More than 82 Lakh Returns E-Filed till 29th July, 2013 which is More than 40% of the Returns e-filed during the Same Period Last Year; Record Peak of more than 85,000 Returns Per Hour Achieved
The due date for filing of Income Tax Return for individuals and non-auditable cases is 31st July, 2013. There has been an overwhelming response for e-filing from every corner of the country. More than 82 lakh returns have been e-filed till 29th July, 2013 which is more than 40% of the returns e-filed during the same period last year.
On 30th July, 2013, 6.23 lakh returns were e-filed till 6:00 PM. Record peak of more than 85,000 returns per hour has been achieved.
Due to overwhelming response, some taxpayers have reported problems in accessing e-filing portal which is primarily due to network constrains of the local internet service providers. The e-filing portal has been running without any interruptions and is being continuously monitored by a dedicated team of income tax officials in Bangalore. The situation will again be reviewed by the CBDT tomorrow morning.
(Release ID :97490)
Related to Your Search:
- Extension of last date for filing of Income Tax Returns – Extended upto 5th August
- July 31 is the Last Date to File the Income Tax Returns
- CBDT: Non-filers to assess their tax liability for AY 2018-19 and file the Income Tax Returns (ITR) or submit online response within 21 days
- Income Tax returns can still be filed even after the deadline: IT dept. urges
- Income Tax Due Date extended for filing returns to 31.8.2012
- Due Date of E-Filing of Income Tax Returns for Assessment Year 2012-13 Extended up to 31st August, 2012
- Extension of Due Date for filing of Income Tax Returns
- Income Tax Offices to remain open on Saturday,5th August, 2017 for filing of income tax returns
- Special IT Return Receipt Counters for Salaried Tax Payers With Income Upto Rs. Five Lakh