More than 2 dozen companies want collaboration with India Post Payments Bank-Manoj Sinha
Government has said that there are many companies who have approached the Department of Posts for collaboration with India Post Payments Bank. Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha, the Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha said that while the Department is in various stages of discussions with them, decision on formal partnerships will be taken after carefully evaluating the entire value proposition that they propose for the common man. The India Post Payments Bank had launched its two branches in Raipur (Chhattisgarh) and Ranchi (Jharkhand) on 30/01/2017 with basic products and banking services in partnership with Punjab National Bank.
Shri Sinha also said that the Payments Banks are different from regular Banks in the following fundamental ways as per RBI guidelines for Licensing of Payments Banks:
(i) Payment Banks are not allowed to undertake lending activities directly. It can accept demand deposits only that is savings and current accounts and will initially be restricted to holding a maximum balance of Rs. 100,000(Rupees one lakh only) per individual customer.
(ii) Payment Banks cannot accept Non Resident Indian (NRI) deposits.
(iii) The Payment Banks cannot set up subsidiaries to undertake non banking financial services activities.
A list of companies interested in partnering with India Post Payments Bank is attached at Annexure A.
|List companies keen to partner with India Post Payments Bank.|
|3||Punjab National Bank|
|4||IDBI Bank (Industrial Development Bank of India)|
|5||SBI (State Bank of India)|
|7||Bank of Baroda|
|8||IDFC Bank (Industrial development finance company)|
|12||NABARD (National Bank For Agriculture & Rural Development)|
|13||HSBC (Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation)|
|16||Indian Overseas Bank|
|18||FIA (Financial Inclusion)|
|19||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|20||United Bank of India|
|21||HDFC Life (Housing Development Finance Corporation)|
|23||PNB Metlife (Punjab National Bank)|
|24||ICICI Lombard ( Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India Bank)|
|25||ICICI Prudential ( Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India Bank)|
|26||Bajaj Allianz Life|
Related to Your Search:
- India Post Payments Bank will be a game changer for financial inclusion – Manoj Sinha
- Agreements with Banks for easy deposit & withdrawals of EPF Contributions
- Multiple Banking System for EPFO contribution and payments by Signing of Agreement between EPFO and Public & Private Sector Banks
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) to enable Digital Payments in Post Offices by April 2018
- Post office bank IFSC code IPOS0000DOP
- No salary in cash for industrial workers; to get payment only in cheque or bank transfer
- India Post launches logo and tagline design contest for IPPB on MyGov
- Home Loan Interest Rates : Different rate of interest on home loans charged by banks
- Reservation in Promotion in Public Sector Banks