Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
More than 15 Lakh loan applications received under PM SVANidhi scheme
More than 5.5 Lakh loans sanctioned
Around 2 Lakh loans disbursed
Software developed to facilitate loan sanctioning process – to accelerate implementation by lending institutions
Posted On: 24 SEP 2020 1:22PM by PIB Delhi
More than 15 lakh loan applications have been received so far under the PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme. Out of these, more than 5.5 lakh loans have been sanctioned and about 2 lakh loans disbursed. The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs is implementing PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme to facilitate collateral free working capital loan to 50 lakh street vendors to restart their businesses post COVID-19 lockdowns.
In order to expedite the loan sanctioning process and provide ease of operation to the lenders, it has been decided to push the applications directly to the bank branches, which have been indicated by the Vendor as ‘Preferred Lender’ OR where the Vendor holds a savings bank account in case ‘Preferred Lender’ is not indicated. This process is expected to give boost to the number of loans sanctioned and cut down the time for loan disbursal drastically.
A software has been developed to facilitate the above mentioned process, which was made operational on September 11, 2020. Approximately 3 lakh applications would be pushed to the banks using this software. Henceforth, the applications would be pushed to the Preferred lenders on a daily basis and for those where no Preferred Lender is indicated, on a weekly basis.
These measures are expected to accelerate the implementation of PM SVANidhi Scheme by the Lending Institutions in making the street vendors access the benefits of the Scheme and to become Aatma Nirbhar.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission: PNB joins SBI to woo Central government staff with cheaper loans
- Home Loan Rates in 2015: Here’s Your Guide
- PNB makes home, auto loans attractive for government staff
- Central Government: Employees: Interest Subvention of 1% on housing loans
- Home Loan Interest Rates : Different rate of interest on home loans charged by banks
- Banks to launch new loan schemes to grab pay commission arrears
- KV School New Uniform 2012 : KVS advised to get new uniforms from anywhere…
- Foreclosure charges / Pre-payment penalties on Housing Loan
- Rate of interest on Loans and Advances sanctioned by the State Government – Interest rates for the year 2012-2013 – Orders – Issued.