More delay in One Rank One Pension, as government gives 6 month extension to panel
The tenure of the committee formed on implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme has been extended by six months upto the middle of December this year.
The government recently amended the gazette notification issued last year under which the committee headed by former Chief Justice of Patna High Court Justice (Retd) L Narasimha Reddy was scheduled to submit its report by June 14.
With the extension, the implementation of OROP may take more time as the panel can submit its report by December 14, official sources said.
The government had announced implementation of OROP on November 7, 2015 to benefit over 25 lakh ex-servicemen and war widows. The OROP mandates payment of uniform pension to the armed forces personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service, regardless of their date of retirement, which implies that bridging the gap between the rate of pension of current and past pensioners at periodic intervals.
The other Terms of Reference of the Committee will continue which include measures for the removal of anomalies that may arise in the implementation of the OROP as notified by the government.
The panel is also looking into the measures for the removal of anomalies that may arise out of inter-services issues of the three forces due to implementation of OROP besides implications on service matters.
The Committee is examining all other matter referred to it by the central government on implementation of the OROP or related issues.
In making its recommendations, the Committee shall take into account the financial impact of its recommendations, as per its Terms of Reference.
The panel, if necessary, may give interim reports to the government on any of the matters related to its terms of reference.
Related to Your Search:
- One Rank One Pension – More delay in OROP – Government Gives Six Month Extension to Panel
- Government Appoints Justice L Narasimha Reddy to Head Judicial Committee on OROP
- Loksabha – One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- Notification on appointment of Judicial Committee on OROP – DESW Orders issued on 14.12.2015
- Justice Reddy committee on OROP submits report
- OROP Anomalies – One member Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months
- Implementation of OROP
- Latest news on One Rank One Pension : In future pension would be re-fixed every 5 year