Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Implementation of the 7th CPC Recommendation Clarification regarding revised benchmark of “Very Good” of APAR grading
Government Of India
Ministry of Finance
Department Of Revenue
Central Board of Excise and Customs
New Delhi, the 04th October,2017
All Cadre Controlling Authorities under CBEC
Subject: Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Implementation of the 7th CPC Recommendation Clarification regarding revised benchmark of “Very Good” of APAR grading.
DoP&t vide OM No.35034/3/2015-Estt(D) dated 28.09.2016 had clarified that with effect from 25.07.2016. For grant of financial upgradation under the MACPS, the prescribed benchmark would be “Very Good” for all the posts.
2. The Board has been receiving a number of references from various field formations of CBEC, Associations and individuals on the subject mentioned above, seeking clarification whether the revised benchmark of “Very Good” (w.e.f 25.07.2016) may be applied to ACRs/APARs of 2015-16 and period prior to that, and whether the officers should be given opportunity to represent against the “Good” grading of past ACRs/APARs.
3. The matter has been examined in consultation with DoP&T .DoP&T has opined that there is no question of allowing second opportunity of representation against the APAR which are post 2009 as these are already disclosed to the employees in APAR process. DoP&T vide OM dated 28.09.2016 has implemented the recommendations of 7th CPC. accepted by the Government for enhancing the benchmark for grant of MACP to ‘Very Good’. These instructions are applicable w.e.f 25.07.2016, the date of issue of Government Resolution by D/o Expenditure. Therefore, in cases where the MACP falls due on or after 25.07.2016, the revised benchmark of ‘Very Good’ is to be followed. In other words, the overall grading of the APARs reckonable for grant of MACP should be atleast ‘Very Good’.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Clarification -Prescribed Benchmark while considering MACPs to Non-Gazetted Staff
- MACP guidance as per recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Benchmark for financial upgradation under MACP clarification
- Clarification on applicability of Very Good benchmark for financial upgradation under MACPS and consideration of Good benchmark for the previous years before 25.07.2016
- Benchmark for promotion to administrative grades in Railway Services
- MACP Scheme in 7th CPC – Enhancement of benchmark from “Good” to “Very Good” : CAG Circular
- Application of Very Good bench mark for grant of Financial upgradation under MACPS
- MACP – Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Railways Employees
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees — Clarification regarding