Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) Clarifications
1. Loco Running staff (Ref 2)
As per promotional hierarchy in the category of Loco Pilots, the following grades are coming:
- ALP-II (GP Rs. 1900)
- ALP-I (GP Rs. 2400)
- LPS-II (GP Rs. 2400)
- LPS-I (GP Rs. 4200)
- LPG-(GP Rs. 4200)
Whenever Shunters are not available to fill up the posts of LP (Goods), eligible candidates from lower grades even from ALP-II (GP 1900) are called and promoted as LPG (GP 4200). In such situation the employee should be treated as having earned two promotions.
2. Direct recruit Graduate Engineers of drawing Cadre(Ref 3)
Engineer Graduates recruited initially in the grade of Rs. 5500-9000 & promoted to Rs. 6500-10500 against the 20% DR quota shall be treated at par with the fresh recruits in the scale of Rs. 6500-10500 from the date they were promoted to the pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500 for the purpose of MACP Scheme.
3. Guards (Ref 4)
A Senior Goods Guard promoted to Passenger Guard and further to Mail/Exp Guard under the normal promotion rules gets Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/ only while a junior Sr. Goods Guard who gets upgradation under MACPs may get the next higher grade pay of Rs. 4600/. Due to this situation, his junior will get more Grade Pay than the senior.
Board has clarified that an employee appointed as Goods Guard has earned following three promotions/financial upgradations till he reaches Mail/Express Guard, viz:-
(i) From Goods Guard to Sr. Goods Guard.
(ii) From Sr. Goods Guard to Passenger Guard.
(iii) From Sr. Passenger Guard to Mail/Express Guard (Passenger Guard to Sr. Passenger Guard to be ignored).
Thus, such employees are not entitled to any further financial upgradation under MACP Scheme.
4. ACP and MACP
If a senior employee who got ACP prior to 01-01-2006 and drawing less pay than their juniors who got benefits under ACP Scheme between 01-01-2006 and 31-08-2008 stepping up of pay can be done in such case where the senior, but for the pay revision on account of 6th CPC, would have continued to draw higher pay provided both the junior and the senior Railway servants belong to same cadre and the posts in which they have been promoted/financially upgraded are identical in the same cadre and the senior Railway servant have been drawing equal or more pay than the junior before receiving ACP/Promotion. (Ref 5 )
5. Own request transfer to a lower post
When an employee is reverted to the lower post/Grade from the promoted post/Grade in case of transfer on own volition to a lower post such past promotion in the previous organization/office will be ignored for the purpose of MACP Scheme in the new organization/office. In respect of those cases where benefit of pay protection have been allowed at the time of unilateral transfer to other organization/unit and thus the employee had carried the financial benefit of promotion, the promotion earned in previous organization has to be reckoned for the purpose of MACP Scheme.
6. Benchmark for MACP(Ref 6)
Where the financial upgradation under the MACPS also happens to be in the promotional grade and benchmark for promotion is lower than the benchmark for granting the benefit under the MACPS , the benchmark for promotion shall apply to MACPS also. Wherever promotions are given on non-selection basis (ie, on seniority-cum-fitness basis ), the prescribed benchmark shall not apply for the purpose of grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme.
Related to Your Search:
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees — Clarification regarding
- 7th CPC MACP Scheme Junior Cashier promoted from the post of Senior Shroff
- Pay Fixation on MACP as per 6th Pay Commission – Some Illustrations
- NFIR: Clarification on residency period for promotion – Orders issued by Railway Board
- Granting of Financial Upgradation under MACP Scheme – Clarification reg.
- Fixation of pay of the employees who got promoted to the post of higher Pay level after being granted the benefit of pay fixation on grant of financial upgradation under MACPS
- Financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to Multi Tasking Staff MTS of AFHQ/ISOs
- Benchmark for financial upgradation under MACP clarification
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Railway Employees