MoD Clarification on Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy for Armed Forces
MoD has issued a clarification on Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy that DoPT OM dated 31st May, 2012 will be mutatis mutandis applicable to Armed Forces personnel. Text of MoD letter is reproduces below:
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
New Delhi, Dated 5th April, 2013
Subject : Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy – Clarification.
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 1(66)/2008/D(Pay/Services) dated 25th February, 2009 and subsequent clarifications issued from time to time on the subject cited above and to say that the provisions of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Deptt. of Personnel and Training) O.M.No.12011/07/2011-Estt.(AL) dated 31 May, 2012 (copy enclosed) will be mutatis mutandis applicable to Armed Forces personnel.
2. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their Dy.No.135/AG/PD dated 4.4.2013.
DOPT has issued following clarifications vide his No. No.12011/07/2011-Estt.(AL) dated 31-05-2012 regarding reimbursement of Children Education Allowance:
1. Hostel subsidy reimbursable if residential school/institution located beyond a distance of 50 km. Grant of hostel subsidy is not related to transfer liability of the Govt employee.
2. CEA/Hostel subsidy reimbursable for the initial two years of a diploma/ certificate course from Polytechnic/ ITI/ Engineering College if the child pursues the course after passing 10th standard.
Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training, No.12011/07/2011-Estt.(AL) New Delhi, May 31, 2012
Related to Your Search:
- Children Education Allowance / Hostel Subsidy – Clarification issued by Railway Board
- Clarification on Children Education Allowance – DOP
- Recommendations of the 7th Central pay Commission – Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance / Hostel subsidy – Jammu and Kashmir Central Government Employees
- 7th CPC decisions relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance (CEA) and Hostel Subsidy
- 25% Hike in Allowances – Dopt Orders on increase in certain allowances by further 25% Dearness Allowances w.e.f. 1.1.2014
- Grant of Children Education Allowance to two children in case of first child being totally mentally disabled
- Amount Fixed for Reimbursement of CEA Rs.2250 per month
- Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy : Imposing the condition of 50 Kms. distance needs to be withdrawn