Railway Board clarifies misuse of complimentary card passes (CCPs). It has been decided that if a request for renewal/extension of Complimentary Card Passes is received from a non-Railway person, a new card will be provided in place of the old/expired pass.
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
No. E(W)2019/ PS5-6/2
New Delhi, dated 04.05.2022
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways. ,
Sub: Misuse of Complimentary Card Passes (CCPs) – clarification reg.
Please refer to Board’s letter of even number dated 02.02.2022 (copy enclosed) vide which blank Complimentary Card Passes for various categories of non-Railway persons were distributed to all Zonal Railways. In addition to the supply of total 425 blank CCPs for various categories, instructions were also issued regarding nomination of Northern Railway as the Nodal Railway for getting the card passes printing in future as and when required by various Zonal Railways.
It is further mentioned that cases have come to light where misuse of Complimentary a Card Passes has occurred. Based on the observations made by the Vigilance Dte. of Railway Board and in order to make necessary improvements in the system, it has been decided that whenever a request is received from non-Railway person for renewal/extension of Complimentary Card Passes, a fresh card may be issued in lieu of old/expired pass. The card pass issuing authorities should ensure tagging of all expired card passes in the system at the time of issuing fresh card pass to prevent misuse by the user. Further steps may be taken to conduct 100% inventory checks of all kinds of CCPs issued to non-Railway persons and to carry out suitable message/flags in the system wherever any misuse is suspected.
Action taken in this regard may please be advised to this office.
Joint Director Estt.(Welfare)
Related to Your Search:
- Privilege Pass, PTO, Post Retirement Complimentary Pass from next year’s account should be issued 5 months in advance
- Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) to Group ‘D’ employees Retired on or after 1.1.2006
- Grant of full sets of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) after 20 years of railway service
- Validity of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Duronto Express trains.
- First Class ‘A’ Complimentary ‘Admin’ Cheque Pass to retired Railway Employees called for felicitation during 75th Independence Day Celebration
- Issuance of Special Passes on Medical grounds for follow-up medical treatment in outstation Hospitals
- Extending the validity of full/half sets of Privilege Passes, Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, Widow Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders (PTOs)
- Reckoning service for entitlement of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes
- Validation of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Hamsafar Express trains, Gatimaan Express trains and all other Special trains including Suvidha Express, Special Trains on special charges etc