Ministry of Railways Observes The International Day of Yoga
Ministry of Railways organised the International Day of Yoga today on 21st June, 2016 in Rail Bhawan as per the direction of the Ministry of AYUSH.
The Union Minister for Railways, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu participated in the Yoga session along with the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Shri N. Chandra Babu Naidu, on the occasion of the 2nd International Day of Yoga at Vijayawada.
A Yoga session was organized at Rail Bhawan headquarters in new Delhi by engaging Shri Chakardhar Kushwaha, Yoga Instructor of the Morarji Desai National Institute of yoga, New Delhi. This event was attended by Railway Board officials including Chairman Railway Board Shri A. K. Mital and other Board Members.
International Yoga day was also observed in the entire Indian Railway System which included zonal Railway Headquarters, Division Railway Headquarter, Production Unit Headquarters, Railway Training Institutes and Centres, and all other Railway establishments.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Railways to celebrate International Day of Yoga on 21st June, 2015
- No public holiday on International Yoga Day; yoga voluntary for govt employees
- Highlights of PM Modi address at International Yoga Day celebration in Chandigarh
- Railway Board Orders – Hostel facilities for single women Railway employees at all Divisional headquarters
- Mandatory Yoga Training for all officers/Staff of Indian Railways including RPF Personnel
- Minister of Railways introduced Wi-Fi services at Three More Railway Stations Patna, Ranchi & Visakhapatnam
- Mandatory Yoga Training for all officers/Staff of Indian Railways including RPF personnel
- All India Conference of CAT to be held Tomorrow
- Ayush ministry may request centre to declare International Yoga Day a public holiday