Ministry of Railways
Ministry of Railways extends the relaxation in Upper Age Limit for all categories.
Online Applications are invited around 90,000 posts in Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D) like Track maintainer, Points man, Helper, Gateman, Porter and Group C Level II categories like Assistant Loco Pilots (ALP), Technicians (Fitter, Crane Driver, Blacksmith, Carpenter) through Railway Recruitment Boards websites.
Last date of submission of application would be extended suitably.
Option to take exam in regional languages like Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Odiya and others will be available to the candidates.
19 FEB 2018
For the ongoing recruitment of Group C Level I & II posts, Ministry of Railways have decided to extend the relaxation in upper age limit as under:
CEN 01/2018 – Asst. Loco Pilot (ALP) & Technician
(age in years)
CEN 02/2018 – Level-1 (erstwhile Group D)
(Age in years)
Formal corrigendum is being issued on official websites of RRBs shortly. Last date of submission of application would be extended suitably. It has also been decided that the questions in regional languages like Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Odiya, Telugu, Bangla and others will be available for candidates to take the exam.
Earlier, Ministry of Railways has announced one of the world’s largest recruitment processes for 89409 posts in Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D) & Level II Categories. Online applications have been invited for the Group C Level II posts like Assistant Loco Pilots, Technicians (Fitter, Crane Driver, Blacksmith, and Carpenter) and Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D) posts like Track maintainer, Points man, Helper, Gateman, Porter. This recruitment drive is open for candidates who have passed Class Xth & ITI for Group C Level I posts & Class Xth & ITI or diploma in engineering or a graduation in engineering for Group C Level II posts like Assistant Loco Pilots, Technicians and aspire to join Indian Railways.
Ministry of Railways has published a notification no. CEN 01/2018 for Group C Level II Categories posts for the candidates in the age group of 18-28 years who have passed Class X and have an industrial training certificate (ITI) or diploma in engineering or a graduation in engineering.
The notification no. CEN 02/2018 about Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D) posts for candidates in the age group of 18-31 years and who have passed Class X and have an industrial training certificate (ITI). The notifications have already been uploaded on RRB Websites. The link of the website is as follows:
Related to Your Search:
- Ministry of Railways Announces one of the World’s Largest Recruitment Drive
- Vacant posts in Railways: Posts of Loco Pilot, Assistant Loco Pilot, Motorman and Driver
- Railways massive recruitment drive to fill up its vacancies in various categories
- Railway Recruitment : Ministry of Railways announces recruitment for 13487 posts
- SSC Recruitment for Prasar-Bharti for Engineering Assistant and Technician March-2013
- New Systems of Recruitment in Railways
- Acceptance of Diploma/Degree in Engineering prescribed for open market recruitment to posts on the railways
- Functioning of Railway Recruitment Board
- Guiding norms for imposition of punishment on Loco Pilots/ Assistant Loco Pilots in cases of Passing Signals at Danger (SPAD) – NFIR’s suggestions for further relaxation