The Minister of Railways, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugurated the High Speed Wi-Fi services at Patna (Bihar), Ranchi (Jharkhand) & Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh) Railway Stations through Video Conferencing from Rail Bhawan, New Delhi for the commuters at these Railway Stations. The Wi-Fi facility for the visitors & rail users at these stations has been commissioned by RailTel in association with Google for providing high speed state of the art world class internet experience to the commuters. Chairman, Railway Board Shri A.K. Mital, Member Engineering Shri V.K. Gupta, M.D. RailTel Shri R.K. Bahuguna, and other board Members were present at Rail Bhawan to grace the occasion. Various dignitaries were also presented at the respective above mentioned Railway Stations.
Speaking on the occasion, the Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu said that as the India is heading towards digitalization, Internet has become the basic need of every individual for which they are entitled to. He said that to bring the railway stations to world standard and to keep pace with the latest technology, provision of high speed WiFi is the first step in this direction. He said that so far this facility has been provided at 19 Railway Stations which will be extended to 100 Railway Station in the coming one year. He said that after completion of this project of providing WiFi facility at all 400 stations, it would be the biggest WiFi service in the world. He said that Indian Railways have been taking lot of measures to improve the facilities for the railway users and the coming time will also bring lot of new facilities which will make the railway passengers feel proud.
Related to Your Search:
- Bullet Trains and Diamond Quadrilateral Network of High Speed Rail
- Wi-Fi Facility at Seven Railway Stations
- WI – FI Service Facility to Railway Passengers – Ministry of Railways
- 200 more railway stations to have Wi-Fi in 2017
- Provision of Rest rooms for Station staff at Wayside stations.
- Cabinet approves agreement with Germany on Railways
- Highlights of Railway Budget 2015
- Ministry of Railways Observes The International Day of Yoga
- Indian Railways Launches 4 Services/Initiatives To Ensure Passenger Comfort and to Strengthen Its System