Minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.10.2017: Railway Board Order RBE No. 178/2017
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 178/2017
No. 2016/E (LL)/AT/MW/1
New Delhi dated: 07.12.2017
The General Managers, Zonal Railways, Production Units.
Metro Railway, Kolkata, CORE, Allahabad
The General Managers,(Construction), All Indian Railways
The Director General, RDSO, Lucknow
The DG/Railway Staff College, Vadodara
The Directors, IRICEN, IRIEEN, IRISET, IRIMEE, IRITM
The CAO, COFMOW, Tilak Bridge, New Delhi
The CAO, Rail Coach Factory / Raebareli, Kishan Ganj, Delhi-7
The CAO, Rail Wheel Plant, Bela
Sub: Minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.10.2017.
A copy each of Orders No.(i) 1/13(7)/2017-LS.II, (ii) 1/l3/(6)/2017-LS.II, (iii) 1/13/(5)2017-LS.II, (iv) 1/13/(4)/2017-LS.II (v) 1/13/(3)2017-LS.II and (vi) 1/13(1)/2017-LS-II dated 06.10.2017 revising the rates of variable dearness allowance for contract workers engaged in (i) Loading and unloading in goods sheds, parcel offices of Railways, and other goods – sheds, godowns, warehouses and other similar employments (ii) Watch and Ward (Without arms) (iii) Employment of sweeping and cleaning excluding activities prohibited under the Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993 (iv) Stone mines (v) Construction or Maintenance of Roads or runways or in Building Operations including Laying Down Underground electric, wireless, Radio, Television, Telephone, Telegraph and Overseas Communication Cables and Similar other Underground cabling work, Electric lines, Water supply lines and Sewerage Pipe Lines and (vi) Agriculture respectively is sent herewith for information and strict compliance. The rates are applicable w.e.f. 01.10.2017.
2. Railways, being Principal Employer are required to ensure that the contractors are complying with the provisions of the Contract Labour (R&A) Act, 1970 and Minimum wages Act, 1948 strictly and arranging prescribed minimum wages to the contract labourers.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Jt. Director Establishment (LL)
D.A.: As above (18 pages)
Related to Your Search:
- Railway Board Order: Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2017
- Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2016
- Minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e. f 01.10.2018
- Railways: Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance
- Minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2020
- Revised rates of Variable Dearness Allowance Minimum Wages for Sweeping and Cleaning Worker w.e.f 1st October 2020 – Central Government Employees News
- Variable Dearness Allowance to Agriculture Employees from Oct 2018
- Revised Variable Dearness Allowance payable w.e.f 01.04.2020 to employees employed in WATCH AND WARD (without arms)
- Payment of Minimum Wages to Contract/Casual Employees