Government of India
Ministry of Defence,
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
SUBJECT: Implementation of the Government decision on the recommendations of Committee on the issues related to Defence Service Personnel and Ex-Servicemen. 2012 – Minimum guaranteed pension to pre-2006 Commissioned Officers pensioners/family pensioners.
The under signed is directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 17(4)/2008(1)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 11.11.2008 as amended, issued for implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the Sixth CPC for revision of pension/family pension in respect of pre-2006 Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners. As per provisions contained in Para 5 therein, with effect from 1.1.2006 revised pension and revised ordinary family pension of all pre-2006 Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners determined in terms of fitment formula laid down in Para 4.1 of above said letter dated 11.11.2008, shall in no case be lower than fifty percent and thirty percentage respectively, of the minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the Grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired/discharged/invalided out/died including Military Service Pay and ‘X’ Group pay, where applicable. Accordingly, rates of minimum guaranteed pension/ordinary family pension for Commissioned Officers were notified under Annexure-II (for pensioners of regular Commission), Annexure-IIA (for pensioners of Military Nursing Services), Annexure-IIB (for pensioners of Territorial Army) and Annexure-IIC (Post-1996 Emergency/Short Service Commission pensioners) of this Ministry’s letter No.17(3)/2010/D(Pen/Policy) dated 15.11.2010 and No 17(4)/2008(1)/D(Pen/Policy)-Vol. VI dated 18.1.2011. The minimum guaranteed pension / family pension in respect of pre-1996 Emergency/Short Service Commission pensioners has, however, been notified vide this Ministry’s letter No 1(1)/2007-D(Pen/Policy) dated 3.9.2009.
2. In order to consider various issues on pension of Armed Forces personnel and Ex-Servicemen, the Government had constituted a Committee of Secretaries headed by Cabinet Secretary. The Committee in its Report have recommended that the minimum guaranteed pension/ordinary family pension of pre-2006 retiree Commissioned Officers pensioners/family pensioners should be determined with reference to minimum of the fitment table for the rank in the revised pay structure issued for implementation of recommendations of Sixth CPC instead of the minimum of the pay band.
3. The above recommendation of the Committee has been accepted by the Government and the President is pleased to decide that with effect from 24th September 2012 the minimum guaranteed pension and ordinary family pension in respect of pre-2006 Commissioned officers pensioners / family pensioners shall be determined as fifty and thirty percent respectively, of the minimum of the fitment table for the rank in the revised pay band as indicated under fitment tables annexed with SAI 2/S/2008 as amended and equivalent instructions for Navy / Air Force and SAI 4/S/2008, plus the Grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner hod retired/discharged/invalided out/died including Military Service Pay, wherever applicable. It has also been decided that with effect from 24th September 2012 the minimum guaranteed pension and ordinary family pension in respect of pre-1996 EC/SSC pensioners / family pensioners shall be determined as fifty and thirty percent respectively, of the pay in the pay band corresponding to the pre-revised pay of Rs 10,500/- (in terms of Para 9(a)(i) of SAI 1/S/2008 as amended
and equivalent instructions for Navy / Air Force) plus the Grade pay of Rs. 5400 and Military Service Pay of Rs. 6000/-.
4. Accordingly, revised tables indicating minimum guaranteed pension/ordinary family pension has been annexed as Annexure-A (for pensioners of Regular Commission other than AMC/ADC/RVC), Annexure-C (for pensioners of TA), Annexure-B (for pensioners of AMC/ADC/RVC), Annexurc-C (for pensioners of TA), Annexure-D (for pensioners of MNS), Annexure-E (for pre-1996 EC/SSC pensioners), Annexure-F (for post-1996 EC/SSC pensioners) and Annexure-G (for post-1996 EC/SSC pensioners of AMC/ADC/RVC) to this letter. Pension Disbursing Authorities are hereby authorized to step up the pension / family pension of the affected pre-2006 pensioners where the existing pension being paid to the pensioners in terms of this Ministry’s above quoted letter dated 11.11.2008 as amended, is less than the rate of pension indicated in above said annexures. Necessary implementation instructions to all concerned shall be issued by Principal CDA (Pensions) Allahobad on receipt of these orders.
5. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
6. The provisions of this letter shall take effect from 24th September 2012 and no arrears shall be allowed for the past period.
7. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide theirI D No. PC 1/10(12)/2012/FIN/PEN dated 10.01.2013
Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Click here to the Annexures
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Force Pensioners
- MoD Order 3.9.2015: Revision of Pension for Pre-2006 Pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012 and Arrear of Pension/ Family Pension will be paid
- Revision of pre-2006 JCOs/ORs pensioners/ Family pensioners: PCDA Circular No. 547
- Welfare Schemes for Retired Armed Forces Personnel
- Defence: Amendment of GoI, MoD letter No. 1(2)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 30th September 2016
- Enhancement of Ordinary Family Pension in respect of pre- 2006 JCO/OR family pensioners
- Revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners (JCOs/ ORs and Commissioned Officers) : PCDA Circular 568 on 13.10.2016
- Revised Pension Tables of Casualty Pensionary awards for JCO/ORs Pensioners/Family pensioners
- Amendment of GOI, MOD letter No.1(2)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 30.09.2016 and revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners (JCOs/ORs and Commissioned Officers) delinking of qualifying service of 33 years for revised pension