Merging of DA with basic pay of Central Government employees – Rajya Sabha News
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-2062
Merging of DA with basic pay of Central Government employees
2062 . SHRI PRABHAT JHA, ARVIND KUMAR SINGH, KUSUM RAI
Will the Minister of FINANCE be pleased to state:
(a) whether Government is actively considering to merge existing dearness allowance payable to Central Government Employees with basic pay;
(b) if so, the details thereof, and if not, the reasons therefor;
(c) whether Government has received any representation from employees associations in this regard;
(d) if so, the details thereof and the details of action taken thereon; and
(e) the reasons for delay in constitution of 7th Central Pay Commission?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE
( SHRI NAMO NARAIN MEENA)
(a) No Sir.
(b) The 6th Central Pay Commission did not recommend merger of Dearness Allowance with basic pay at any stage. This has been accepted by the Government vide Resolution dated 29th August, 2008.
(c)&(d) A number of representations have been received from Associations/Organizations of Central Government Employees demanding merger of 50% of Dearness Allowance with basic pay. However, in view of (b) above, the same has not been agreed to.
(e) The Government has already decided to constitute the 7th Central Pay Commission under the Chairmanship of Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur, Retired judge of the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
Related to Your Search:
- Dearness Allowance (DA) as Dearness Pay
- Merger of DA with Pay: Lok Sabha Q&A
- DA Merger News Central Government Employees and Pensioners
- Abolish the system of formation of Pay Commission in future?
- ‘Merger of 50% DA and DR with basic pay’ – Finance Ministry
- Dearness allowance as Dearness Pay
- Government is planning to abolish the system of formation of Pay Commission in future? Lok Sabha
- Revision of salaries and allowances of the employees of LIC
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances to Government Employees: Official Answer in Lok Sabha