Merger of PSBs Hold Massive Demonstration Call of UFBU
Circular No: 24/2017
24th August, 2017
To all Affiliates/Office Bearers/CC/GC Members
Move for Merger of PSBs
Hold Massive Demonstration
Call of UFBU
This is further to our Circular No.23/2017 of yesterday. You were informed of the decision of Central Cabinet meeting held yesterday to constitute “alternative mechanism” for giving in principle approval for merger of public sector banks in the name of consolidation.
Through our circular referred above we expressed our strong sense of resentment against the decision of the Central Cabinet as we are of the firm opinion that the decision of the Cabinet is nothing but a ploy to go ahead with the hidden agenda of privatisation of public sector banks.
UFBU, through telephonic consultations among the constituents, has decided to hold demonstrations at all State Capitals and major centres at the earliest, the date for which will be decided by state units of UFBU depending upon local convenience.
We call upon all our units to take immediate initiative for holding meetings/consultations of/with state units/constituents of UFBU and to decide the date for holding the demonstration at State Capitals and all major centres of concerned States.
All our State units have to ensure maximum mobilisation of our members in respective areas.
Related to Your Search:
- Compassionate ground appointments in Public Sector Banks
- Strike Notice by UFBU on 20th and 21st January 2014 – Deferred
- IBA Invites UFBU for Negotiations on Wage Revision fixed on 21.2.2018
- IBA Circular on deferment of bank strike proposed on 7th Jan 2015
- FinMin seeks status report on pay revision talks from public sector banks
- UFBU meeting All India Strike – Talks with IBA on wage revision – Offer increased to 8%
- 11th Bipartite – Next Wage Revision in Public Sector Banks
- AIBEA: Government Issues Notification On Associate Banks Merger
- Bank employees to observe one-day strike on July 29