Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, Dated 17.10.2016
The General Secretary,
3, Chelmsford Road,
New Delhi – 110055
Sub: Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basci Pay w.e.f. 01.04.2004 – computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits – reg.
Ref: NFIR’s letter No.IV/RSAC/Conf./Part VII dated 05.09.2016
I am directed to refer to your letter dated 05.09.2016 wherein the Federation has mentioned that Northern Railway has vide letter 720/EW/Misc/Union-Items/2015/E.IV/Loose dated 16.11.2015 correctly computed the emoluments of Running Staff with reference to Dearness Allowance and 30% thereon for the purpose of allowing the retirement benefits to those Running Staff who had retired during the period 01.04.2004 and 31.12.2005.
The matter has been examined in Baord’s office and its observed that the methodology for computation contained in Northern Railway’s letter referred to above, is not in conformity with the instructions on the matter as laid down in Baord’s letter No.E(P&A)II-2004/RS-13 dated 12.10.2004, Northern Railway has accordingly been advised to take immediate corrective action in the matter vide Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-2014/RS-24 dated 22.07.2016.
For Secretary/Railway Board
Related to Your Search:
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay w.e.f. April 1, 2004
- Merger of DA with the Basic Pay and calculation of the running Staff distributing pension retirement benefits
- Railway Board referred Running, Additional and Breakdown allowances to 7th Pay Commission for consideration…
- Request for reckoning the Additional Allowance granted to Loco Pilot (Mail), Loco Pilot (Passenger) & Mail Guard for the purpose of computation of retirement benefits to Running Staff
- Clarification regarding calculation of quantum of Annual Increment in pay in case of Running Staff
- Additional Allowance granted to Loco Pilot (Mail), Loco Pilot (Passenger) and Mail Guard for the purpose of computation of retirement benefits to Running Staff
- Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay w.e.f. 01/04/2004 – Reckoning as pay for running staff
- Pay element in the case of Loco Inspectors – 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for retirement benefits
- Non-payment of retirement benefits to the Running Staff retired on or after 01/01/2016