‘Merger of 50% of DA and DR with basic pay’ – Finance Ministry
‘Merger of 50% of DA and DR with basic pay’ – Finance Ministry explained as a reply to a unstarred question in the Parliament on 14th December, 2012.
The below explanation was presented by the Minister of States for Finance Shri.Namo Narain Meena to the questions regarding merger of DA / DR with basic pay of Central Government employees and Pensioners in the Parliament on 14.12.2013…
Whether various Associations/ Organisations of Central Government employees demanded merger of 50 per cent Dearness Allowance into the basic pay of Central Government employees and pensioners and the recommendation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission in this regard and action taken by the Government thereto?
Yes, A number of representations have been received from Associations/Organizations of Central Government Employees/Pensioners and individuals demanding merger of 50% of Dearness AHowance/ Dearness Relief with basic pay/pension respectively. The demand has been considered by the Government and not agreed to since the 6th Central Pay Commission has not recommended as such.
The 6th Central Pay Commission did not recommend merger of dearness allowance with Basic Pay at any stage. Government accepted this recommendation vide Government of India Resolution dated 29.08.2008.
(Note : Merger 50% of Dearness Allowance with basic pay to the employees of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) following 1997 Industrial Dearness Allowance (IDA) pattern of scales of pay with effect from 1.1.2007.)
Related to Your Search:
- DA Merger News Central Government Employees and Pensioners
- 50% DA MERGER – Impact of Merger of 50% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay
- 6th CPC had recommended not to merge 50% of Dearness Allowance (DA) Parliament was informed today
- Dearness Allowance from January 2013 – 6th CPC Recommendations on merger of 50% Dearness Allowance
- Merging of DA with basic pay of Central Government employees – Rajya Sabha News
- NO MERGER OF DA – FINANCE MINISTRY REPLY TO NATIONAL COUNCIL SECRETARY
- Merger of Dearness allowance: AIRF Demanding Merger of 100% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay
- Central employees awaiting next Govt nod on DA merger
- Merger of DA with Pay: Lok Sabha Q&A