No. 2018/Trans.Cell/Health/Medical Card
The General Manager, All Indian Railways/PUs, NF(Con), CORE
The DG/RDSO/Lucknow, DG/NAIR/Vadodara
CAOs, DMW/Patiala, WPO/Patna , COFMOW/N DLS, RWP/Bela, CAO/IROAF
Sub: Medical Identity Card Numbering and Colour Scheme & Generation of Uniform Medical I-Card.
Ref: (1) Railway Board letter no.2018/Trans.Cell/Health/Medical Cards dated 08.06.2018.
(2) PCPO/SCR’s letter no. SCR/P.HQ/765/IT/ESR dated 01.08.2018.
For bringing in uniformity in Medical Identity Cards, issued to employees and other medical beneficiaries on Indian Railways, a policy was issued vide reference (1) above. Further, with reference to South Central Rail way’s letter (2), Board (MS, FC & CRB), in consultation with DG/RHS and DO/Pers. have approved the following:
|1.||A strip with different
colour for serving and retired employees and their dependents shall be
provided in accordance with instructions at Para 2 of the policy letter
(reference (1) above). The colour scheme of the strip shall be as:
|a)||Serving Railways employees||–||Blue strip at Top and Bottom|
|b)||Pensioners||–||Green strip at Top and Bottom|
|c)||Medical beneficiary of serving employee||–||Blue strip at Top and Yellow at Bottom|
|d)||Medical beneficiary of Retired employee||–||Green strip at Top and Yellow at
|2.||Medical ID number shall be
a 12 digit Alpha Numeric as proposed by SCR and as indicated below:
|a)||First 3 digits||–||IPAS codes of Railway/Working Unit
issuing the card
|b)||Next 8 digits||–||Random auto generated number|
|c)||Next 1 character||–||A for Employee|
|–||Z for Primary Pensioner|
|–||Any other character (B,C,. …Y) for
|3.||SCR is hereby authorized
for development and maintenance of Unique Medical ID System for Pan
India. Software has already been developed by SCR.
|4.||All the Medical ID Cards
for Pan India shall be generated through the system developed by SCR.
|5.||The system shall be
integrated with I-PAS and ARPAN systems for one level of authentication
for which CRIS and Western Railway will provide the secured access to
the respective system.
|6.||The final card should be
printed after proper authentication.
|7.||This Medical ID number shall
be further integrated with HMIS by CRIS which is being developed by CRIS
(which CRIS has agreed). SCR will provide secured access to CRIS, if
required for the same.
|8.||The cards so generated from
the software may be printed by the Zonal Railways at their end or may
request SCR to print i nitially i n bulk. Printing arrangements may be
made by the Zonal Railways later.
|9.||SCR will follow the
guidelines regarding IT systems for generation of Medical ID/IDs of
Government of India, if any.
|10.||The application so
developed shall have the mandatory Security Audit and shall be hosted in
a secured environment and at a Data centre as per the Government of
India’s Policy, before roll out, which SCR shall have to ensure.
This issues with the concurrence of Associate Finance of Transformation Cell of Railway Board.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt and ensure compliance
Related to Your Search:
- Policy regarding uniformity in the Medical Identity Cards issued to employees and other beneficiaries on Indian Railways.
- Issue of Medical ID Card to Retiring Employees
- NFIR: Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to pensioners
- BIO-Metric ID for Industrial Workers by ESIC
- Split Medical Identity Card to serving Railway employees
- Government all set to launch special colour coded Aadhaar card for disabled
- Debit and Credit note for treatment of patient (Railway Medical Beneficiary) to other Railway Hospital with or without referral – Simplification of Process
- ECHS – Signing of online Generated Temporary slip from online smart card Application
- Karnataka Makes Aadhaar Card Compulsory for Medical Care