Media report hints Central D.A. hike today
The Union Cabinet is likely to approve a proposal to increase dearness allowance (DA) of central government employees by 8% on Thursday.
The move to increase D.A. from 72% to 80% will benefit around 50 lakh employees and 30 lakh pensioners of the central government.
“The Union Cabinet may consider the finance ministry proposal to increase DA in its meeting scheduled for Thursday,” a source said, adding the hike would be effective from January 1, 2013 and employees and pensioners would be entitled to arrears.
The government had raised DA to 72% in September last year, which had come into effect from July 1, 2012.
As per usual practice, DA is merged with basic pay when it breaches the 50% cap. This helps employees get higher allowances as those are paid as proportion of the basic pay.
Source : Times of India and Zee News
Related to Your Search:
- Dearness Allowance hiked to 80%; to benefit all central government employees, pensioners
- Government approves 10% DA hike, to benefit 50 lakh central employees.
- Dearness Allowance hiked by 2% for central government employees, pensioners
- DA News : Decision on hiking dearness allowance deferred
- Central government employees to get 10 percent hike in dearness allowance
- Central Government to hike DA by 10%; benefit 80 lakh employees and pensioners
- Central Government likely to approve 7% additional DA
- Whether Cabinet Approved Merger of DA with Basic Pay today(28.2.2014)..?
- Expected DA : Cabinet Committee may approve in this week