Ministry of Labour & Employment
Maternity Benefits to the Women Employees
24 JUL 2019
Government is working on an incentive Scheme of reimbursement of 07 weeks wages for entities that provide 26 weeks maternity benefits to their woman employees as provided for in the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017. To enable an entity to avail of the incentive, the women employees working in their entity should be a wage earner of less than Rs.15,000/- per month and a member of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) for at least one year and not covered by Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC). The scheme is proposed to be administered through Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation and shall be implemented after obtaining the approval of the competent authority.
This information was given by Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Scheme to partially reimburse employers for Maternity Benefits
- Maternity Leave Incentive Scheme – Clarification by Ministry of Labour & Employment
- Enhancement of Maternity Leave – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Amendments to the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act
- Maternity Benefit Act for Women Employees
- National Minimum Guidelines for setting up and running creches under Maternity Benefit Act, 2017
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed in the Parliament
- Maternity Leave in Private Sector