MACPS for Railway employees – clarification
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers Federation (ITF)
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for Railway employees – clarification – reg.
Ref: (i) Railway Board’s letter No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2 dated 31/01/2013.
(ii) NFIR’s letter No.IV/NFIR/MACPS/09/Pt.7 dated 29/07/2013.
NFIR vide its letter dated 29/07/2013 had invited attention of Railway Board to their letter dated 31/01/2013 wherein clarifications have been issued by Board contrary to the instructions issued by DoP&T vide 0.M. dated 4th 0ctober, 2012 allowing benefit of MACPS in the following situation:-
“Financial upgradation under MACPS, in the case of staff who joined another Unit/0rganisation on request.”
The benefit of MACPS has been allowed by DoP&T pursuant to the decision in the meeting held with the Staff Side (under item no.6) to resolve anomalies arising out of implementation of MACPS.
2. In this connection, NFIR wishes to reiterate that the modified instructions issued by Railway Board vide letter dated 31/01/2013 making amendment to DoP&T instructions, have put a large number of railway employees to disadvantageous position. Federation further wishes to state that there was no necessity for making changes in the DoP&T 0.M. as the process of fixation of pay of staff while implementing MACPS could have easily taken care of the element of protected pay and did not warrant any amendment as has been done by Railway Board.
NFIR, therefore, once again urges the Railway Board to see that 0.M. dated 4th 0ctober, 2012 is implemented in toto and the instructions dated 31/01/2013 are withdrawn. A copy of instructions thus issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP scheme-wrongful clarification issued by Railway Board – NFIR Letter
- Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Grant of Financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to Employees.
- MACPS on Promotional Hierarchy – NFIR
- MACP – Financial upgradation under MACPS to the staff joined on request transfer in lower post-correct implementation of extant orders
- Providing opportunity for submitting representation to the employees who have been awarded below “Very Good” Grading in their last three years’ APARs (for the purpose of MACPs)
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – review of extant instructions relating to acquisition of higher qualification – NFIR
- Staff Benefit Fund – Amendment of provisions relating to Railway Staff Benefit FundStaff Benefit Fund – Amendment of provisions relating to Railway Staff Benefit Fund