JCM (Staff Side) Secretary writes to Secretary of Dopt regarding the long pending demand and the burning issue of MACP upgradation on promotional hierarchy…
Shiva Gopal Mishra
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint consultative Machinery for Central government employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi –110001
E Mail : [email protected]
16th May, 2014
Department of Personnel and Training,
Sub: Financial upgradation in the next promotional grade Hierarchy under MACP
Ref: Your letter No.P-13025/11/2014-AT dated 4.4.2014
Your letter No.P-26012/5/2011-AT dated 19.8.2013
You have granted financial upgradation to Shri Rajpal in the Promotional hierarchy under MACP in compliance of direction of Hon’ble Central Administrative Tribunal Chandigarh Bench dated 31.5.2011 in O.A. No.1038/CH/2010 Rajpal Vs UOI & Others.
You have treated it as a judgement in peronum and not a judgment in rem so far as other employees covered under MACP are concerned.
Your plea is that SLP No.7967/2013 filed by the Department/Government against the judgment of Hon’ble Court Chandgarh in C W PNo.1938/2011 was discussed on technical grounds and not on merit in this case. The ground was insufficient explanation given to condone the delay in refilling the SLP.
In this connection I may bring to your kind notice that Supreme Court in catina of cases (i.e.G.C.Ghosh Vs UOI [(1992) 19 ATC 94 SC] dated 20.7.98) has ruled that decision taken in one specific case either by the judiciary or the Government should be applied to all identical cases (i.e.,similarly cirumentanced) without forcing other employees to approach the Court of law for identical remedy or relief.
Since whether MACP should be granted to next promotional hierarchy or next grade pay hierarchy is a common issue applicable to all Government employees the decision in the case of Rajpal should be made applicable to all Government employees who are granted financial upgradation under MACP.
Since you have already granted MACP in next promotional hierarchy to Rajpal it has been absolute and has to be implemented in the case of all Government employees who are similarly placed under MACP.
I, therfore request you to reconsider and suitably modify the MACP Scheme providing for financial upgradation in the promotional hierarchy.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- Financial upgradation in the next promotional grade Hierarchy under MACP
- Granting of MACP on Promotional Hierarchy: AIRF demands in respect of Junior Clerk
- Granting of financial upgradation under ACP / MACP Scheme to Durwan of Ord & Ord Equipment Fys: BPMS
- GRANT OF MACP ON PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY
- MACP on Promotional Hierarchy – Written reply in Parliament
- GRANT OF MACP ON PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY- Indian Ordnance Factories Gazetted Officers Association writes to Government
- Grant of MACP benefit to the eligible employees in the Hierarchy of promotional grade – BPMS
- INDWF published outcome of the JCM III level meeting held on 25th and 26th August 2014 at OFB HQrs. Kolkatta…
- MACP ON PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY: LISTING OF THE SLP FILED BY THE DOP&T-REG