LTC to Railway employees (and Government servants whose spouses are Railway servants)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block New Delhi
Dated March 27, 2018
Subject: LTC to Railway employees (and Government servants whose spouses are Railway servants)
The undersigned is directed to say that as per extant LTC instructions, Government servants and their spouses who are working in Indian Railways are not entitled for the facility of LTC as the facility of “Free Pass” is available to them. However, Seventh CPC in its report has recommended for bringing Railway employees (and employees whose spouses are Railway servants) into the fold of LTC.
2 The matter has been considered in this Department in consultation With Ministry of Railways. It has been decided that Railway employees may be allowed to avail All lndia LTC once in a block of four years under CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988, subject to the following conditions·
(i) The railway employees shall continue to be governed fully by the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules only and availing of “All India LTC” under CCS (LTC) Rules by them will be facilitated through a Special Order under the relevant provision of the said Pass Rules.
(ii) “All India LTC” will be purely optional for the railway employees.
(iii) Even after availing “All India LTC” in a year, it will not be mandatory for the railway employee to opt for “All India LTC” 1n the next or subsequent block years(iv) No “Home Town LTC” will be admissible to Railway employees and on the same analogy, no Home Town converted LTC shall be allowed to them.
(v) The railway employees will surrender the Privilege Passes admissible to them In the calendar year in which they intend to avail the LTC facility. However they would continue to be eligible for Privilege Ticket Orders and other kinds of Passes viz., Duty Pass. School Pass, Special Passes on Medical grounds. etc., as admissible under the Pass rules. Further, if the railway employee has already availed of a Privilege Pass, then LTC will not be allowed in that year.
(vi) The railway employees on deputation to any other organization, Including Railway PSUs, would also continue to be eligible for optional LTC in lieu of Privilege Pass entitlement.
(vii) The definition of beneficiaries e g members of family, dependents etc. and other conditions as laid down in the CCS(L TC) rules will be applicable for availing ‘All India LTC” facility by the railway employees even if such beneficiaries are not entitled for Privilege Pass under the Pass Rules.
(viii) If both spouses are Railway employees then both will surrender admissible in the calendar year, if they opt for All India LTC.
(ix) In case of the Government employees whose spouse is working In Railways, want to avail All India LTC, either Independently or with family members, then he/she they may be allowed subject to the condition of surrendering privilege passes admissible in that calendar year for him/her/them and an undertaking in this regard shall be
given by the Government servant to his office
3. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Clarification regarding issuance of Privilege Pass Surrender Certificate and availing of Special Cash Package (SCP) in lieu of LTC – Railway
- Privilege Pass, PTO, Post Retirement Complimentary Pass from next year’s account should be issued 5 months in advance
- Extending the validity of full/half sets of Privilege Passes, Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, Widow Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders (PTOs)
- Implementation of Pass Rules and grant of travel facility on privilege pass as per the choice of pass holder – Railway Board’s clarification
- Leave travel concession (LTC) for railway employees & CCS (LTC) rules
- Railways : Inclusion of a Parent as well as Medical Attendant in Special Passes issued on medical grounds
- Grace Period for LTC Block Year 2018-2021 Carry over of AILTC can be availed within the year 2022
- 7th CPC Revised pay limits for entitlement of Passes and PTOs for railway servants
- Issue of Privilege Passes/PTOs covering Udhampur-Katra Section: Clarification by Railway Board