LTC norms eased; central govt employees to get reimbursement for full rail fare of children
Relaxing Leave Travel Concession (LTC) rules, the Centre will now reimburse full train fare incurred by its employees on purchase of tickets for their children aged between five and 12 years.
The move comes after Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) received several references from various ministries seeking clarification as to whether the full fare charged by the railways for reservation of berth for children between 5 years and 12 years shall be reimbursable while availing LTC facility.
The matter has been examined in consultation with Department of Expenditure, Finance Ministry and it has been decided that for the family members of the government servant, aged between 5 years and under 12 years, the actual rail fare shall be reimbursed for LTC, as per the choice of rail tickets purchased by the government servant, Office Memorandum No.31011/3/2016-Estt(A.IV) issued dated April 29 by the DoPT said.
Ministry of Railways had earlier decided that in case of children above 5 years and under 12 years of age, for whom full berth or seat is sought at the time of reservation, full fare shall be charged.
The order said if a berth or seat has not been sought for such children at the time of reservation, then half of the adult fare shall continue to be charged. This would be effective for travel with effect from April 10, this year.
As per norms, a government employee gets to and fro journey cost reimbursement when he avails LTC.
Related to Your Search:
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel concession) Rules, 1988 – Reimbursement of rail fare on LTC in respect of children of 5-12 yrs age group
- Ministry of Railways revises Child Fare Rule
- Indian Railways Reservation-Cancellation Form (Updated Feb 2018)
- Revision in fare of Children w.e.f. April, 2016: Railway Board Commercial Circular No. 71
- Railways earn Rupees 228 crore more on child fare
- Admissibility of air fare for children below the age of 5 years of the Government servants non-entitled to travel by air on LTC – clarification
- Railway Reservation for Physically Challenged made easier
- Central Government Employees now get LTC advance ahead of 4 months of journey
- Central Civil Services (LTC) Rules, 1988-Admissibility charges in respect of rail journey performed on LTC – Clarification reg