Whether the Government plans to review the Leave Travel Concession (LTC) policy to check bogus LTC claims, inflated air travel bills and foreign travels by the employees of the Central Government, State Bank of India and other PSUs as reported in the media – see details of Lok Sabha queries:-
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL,PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO 2100
ANSWERED ON 18.12.2013
REVIEW OF LTC POLICY
2100 . Shri AMARNATH PRADHAN
Will the Minister of PERSONNEL,PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the Government plans to review the Leave Travel Concession (LTC) policy to check bogus LTC claims, inflated air travel bills and foreign travels by the employees of the Central Government, State Bank of India and other PSUs as reported in the media;
(b) if so, the details thereof;
(c) if not, the manner in which the Government plans to check fictitious claims and streamline the working of private travel agencies; and
(d) the penal action proposed for violation of rules in this regard?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS AND MINISTER OF STATE IN THE PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE (SHRI V. NARAYANASAMY)
(a) to (d): Government of India formulates the policies and schemes keeping in mind the various service requirements of the employees and their welfare. Various Ministries/Departments & other independent agencies of the Government of India are responsible for the proper implementation of these policies. These policies are reviewed from time to time and also amended when situation demands.
In case of Leave Travel concession having any fraudulent activities coming to the notice of designated body/agencies, the irregularities are looked into in terms of Rule 16 of the CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988 and disciplinary proceedings are initiated against the Government servant on the charge of preferring a fraudulent claim which may result in imposition of any of the penalties specified in Rule 11 of CCS (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965. During the pendency of disciplinary proceedings, the Government servant shall not be allowed the next two or more sets of LTC in addition to the sets already withheld.
Source: LOK SABHA Q & A
Related to Your Search:
- Fraudulent claim of Leave Travel concession – Disciplinary proceedings are initiated against the Government servant as per existing rules…
- No proposal to allow to travel on low fare private airlines while availing LTC
- LTC Travel by Air India
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC) in Flights Under Udaan Scheme for Central Government officials
- Earned Leave (EL) accumulation by Central Government Employees beyond 300 days?
- Tamilnadu Government Employees : Travel by Air on Leave Travel Concession
- Government to take disciplinary action and cancel future LTC benifits for fake LTC claims
- Retirement Age of CG Employees – Lok Sabha Q&A
- No LTC for Tamil Nadu Government Employees and Teachers