Loco running staff as on April 2017 is 87196
Loco running staff
As on 01.04.2017, over Zonal Railways, total number of employed staff in loco running category is 87196.
As per the provision of the Railways Act, 1989 and the Railway Servants (Hours of Work & Period of Rest) Rules, 2005, Loco running staff on the Railways are classified as ‘Continuous’ and as such, their rostered hours of work is 54 hours a week on an average in a two-weekly period of 14 days.
After the Seventh CPC (Central Pay Commission) recommendations, the basic pay of the non-running staff has been increased by a multiplication factor of 2.57 with effect from 01.01.2016 and then fixed in the appropriate cell of the relevant Level in the Seventh CPC pay matrix, while for the running staff the multiplication factor of 2.945 was used. Further, the actual raise in the pay of the running staff has been ensured at a minimum of 14.29 percent with the Ministry of Finance (MoF) concurrence. This has resulted in an effective multiplication factor of around 3.01 for Running Staff. The running staff also get allowances like Dearness Allowance and House Rent Allowance on the basic pay enhanced by 30%.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Rajen Gohain in a written reply to a question in the Parliament on 9.2.2018.
Related to Your Search:
- Loco Running Staff – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC Fitment Factor and Pay Fixation for Running Staff
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – 27% increase expected as against 14.29% recommended
- Pay element relating to Running Staff/Loco Inspectors after the recommendations of 7th CPC
- A Crucial Indicator for determining the Basic Pay of 7th Pay Commission- Multiplication Factor
- Railways – Resumption of duty by Loco Running Staff after availing periodic rest or leave – Booking of Running Staff
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC – Fitment Factor and Pay Fixation for Running Staff
- 7th Pay Commission – Flag Station Allowance
- DA @ 2% shall be admissible to Running staff on the Basic pay plus Running allowances drawn w.e.f 1st July, 2016.