FINANCE [Salaries] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.140 G.O.Ms.No.140, Dated , Dated , Dated 13th May 2016.
(Chithirai -30, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2047)
LOANS AND ADVANCES – Advances to Government Employees for the Celebration of Marriage – Administration of the Marriage Advance Scheme – Entrustment to the Director of Treasuries and Accounts – Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated 30-03-1995.
2. G.O.Ms.No.148, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated 13-05-2015.
The Government of Tamil Nadu is granting various interest free and interest bearing advances to its employees. Among them, the following loans and advances are included under Demand 16 – Finance Department:-
|Name of the Advance||Head of Account (DPC)||Interim BE
(Rs. in Thousands)
|1.||Conveyance Advance||7610 00 202 AA||61,00,00|
|2.||Computer Advance||7610 00 204 AA||20,05,00|
|i.||Warm Clothing Advance||7610 00 800 AB 0206||30,00|
|ii.||Education Advance||7610 00 800 AB 2204||40,00|
|iii.||TANSI Advance||7610 00 800 AB 3801||5,00|
|iv.||Khadi Advance||7640 00 800 AB 4006||1,70,00|
|v.||Handloom Advance||7610 00 800 AB 4104||25,00,00|
|4.||Marriage Advance||7610 00 800 AC 0106||50,00|
Except Marriage Advance, all other advances are administered by the Director of Treasuries and Accounts.
2) In respect of Advances administered by the Director of Treasuries and Accounts, funds are allocated based on requirement from the Heads of Department / District Collectors. Whereas, in the case of Marriage Advance, sanction is accorded for notional allocation of funds to Heads of Department / District Collectors without knowing the actual requirement. This kind of fund allocation led to under utilization of funds by certain departments / districts and pendency of application for want of funds in some other departments / districts. Consequently, the huge surrender of funds occurred resulting to adverse remarks from the Accountant General (A&E).
3) The Government, after careful examination, has decided to streamline the administration of the Marriage Advance scheme. Accordingly, Government direct that the administration of the Marriage Advance Scheme be entrusted to the Director of Treasuries and Accounts as in the case of other advances listed above and issue the following orders:-
(i) The Director of Treasuries and Accounts shall be the administrator of Marriage Advance Scheme from the year 2016-2017;
(ii) The funds provided in the Budget Estimate 2016-17 under the Head of Account ‘7610 00 800 AC’- included in Demand 16 – Finance Department, shall be allocated to the Heads of Department and District Collectors based on requirement;
(iii) The Heads of Department and District Collectors shall send their requirement to the Director of Treasuries and Accounts and get funds for sanctioning Marriage Advance to the Government employees under their control as in the case of other advances;
(iv) The Director of Treasuries and Accounts shall be the Estimating, Recounciling and Controlling authority for the head of account 7610 00 800 AC;
(v) The Heads of Department and District Collectors shall follow the existing Government Orders and instructions governing the sanction of Marriage Advance;
(vi) The Director of Treasuries and Accounts shall follow the usual procedures for allotment of funds as applicable to other advances; and
(vii) The Director of Treasuries and Accounts shall issue instructions to Heads of Departments/ District Collectors on modalities for seeking funds to sanction Marriage Advance.
(By Order of the Governor)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Related to Your Search:
- Advances to Government servants – Rate of interest for purchase of conveyances during 2015-2016.
- Grant of Advance – Amendment to Rule 80 of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants
- Advances for Medical Treatment, TA on Tour or Transfer and LTC are retained: Finmin Orders
- Rate of interest on computer advance for central government employees 2020-2021
- Advances to Government Servants – Rate of interest for purchase of Computer during 2020-2021
- Grant of Advances- 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations-Amendment to rules on Computer Advance to Railway servants
- Abolishing 12 Interest free advances including LTC Advance recommended by 7th CPC
- Interest free Festival Advance to Class IV State Government employees during the year 2019-2020
- Enhancement of rates of Marriage Grant dated 15.07.2016