List of state-wise and gender-wise number of persons with disabilities…
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Welfare Measures for Persons with Disabilities
Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) (PwD) Act, 1995 envisages three percent reservations for persons with disability in identified posts in Government establishments.
Under the Scheme of Incentives to the Private Sector for Employment of Physically Challenged Persons, the Government provides the employer’s contribution for Employees Provident Fund (EPF) and Employees State Insurance (ESI) for 3 years, for employees with disabilities including visually impaired persons employed in the private sector on or after 01.04.2008, with a monthly salary upto Rs.25, 000.
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation provides concessional credit to Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) for taking up income generating activities for self-employment.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) guarantees employment to rural household adults including persons with disabilities. Under National Rural Livelihood Mission(NRLM), a provision of 3% of the total beneficiaries has been made for persons with disabilities.
Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS) under the National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) provides pension to BPL persons with severe or multiple disabilities between the age group of 18 to 79 years @ Rs. 300 p.m. per beneficiary.
Under Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS), financial assistance is provided through Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) for various projects for providing education, vocational training and rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
These schemes are on-going and are reviewed from time to time and to improve their impact.
Statement showing State-wise and gender-wise number of persons with disabilities is:
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||4,226||2,831||7,057|
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||2,329||1,719||4,048|
|9||Daman & Diu||1,779||1,392||3,171|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||1,71,816||1,30,854||3,02,670|
Note: # – Excludes Mao Maram, Paomata and Purul sub-divisions of Senapati district of Manipur
Source: Census of India, 2001
This information was given by the Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri P. Balram Naik in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Promotion of the Visually Impaired
- Disabled Persons Receiving Pension and Ex-Gratia – IGNDPS
- Sexual Harassment at WorkPlaces – Detailed report of complaints registered against sexual harassment state wise
- State-wise educational loan outstanding of Public Sector Banks
- 98.38 Lakh Employees benefitted through PMRPY
- Employees Pension Scheme Amendment Scheme 2020
- Employees Pension Scheme: Details of subscribers and amount distributed
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is the guaranteed Pension Scheme of Government of India administered by PFRDA
- PFRDA publishes new status of subscribers of National Pension Scheme as on March, 2013