Leave to a Central Government servant who is unlikely to be fit to return to duty – DoPT
No 18017/1/2014-Estt (L)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Old JNU Campus, New Delhi 110 067
Subject: Leave to a Government servant who is unlikely to be fit to return to duty – Reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 have been amended vide Notification G.S.R. No. 438 (E) dated 03.04.2018 (copy enclosed) to bring them in conformity with the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. Accordingly, it has now been decided that leave applied under rule 20, shall not be refused or revoked without reference to the Medical Authority, whose advice shall be binding. Further, any leave debited for the period(s) granted after receipt of the certificate of disability of the Medical Authority, shall be remitted back into the leave account of the Government servant. The Certificate of Disability is required to be issued in Form ‘3A’ which should be signed by a Government doctor of a Government medical board. Further, a Government servant who is granted leave in accordance with the provisions of clause (b) of sub rule (1) of rule 20 of CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972, the provisions of section 20 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016(49 of 2016) shall, suo-motu, apply.
2. These orders are to be effective from 19.04.2017.
3. Hindi Version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Guidelines on leave and voluntary retirement of Railway Employees – Persons with Disabilities
- Amendment of CCS Rules for Persons with Disabilities
- Amendment to Central Civil Service (Leave) Rules, 1972 – Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (PWD Act, 1995) – regarding
- Competent Medical Officer for issuing certificate of disability for family pension
- THE DRAFT RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES BILL, 2012
- Don’t lay off or demote employees for disability: Centre
- Voluntary Retirement from Persons suffering with disability
- List of Posts Identified Suitable for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – PIB
- Revised Forms for Disability Certificates – Reservation for Persons with Disabilities