Leave Encashment on Suspension/Dismissal/Removal
Sl.No. / Frequently asked Questions / Answer
1. Whether leave encashment can be sanctioned to a Govt. servant on his superannuation while under suspension?
Leave encashment may be allowed in such cases. However, Rule 39(3) of CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 allows withholding of leave encashment in the case of a Govt. servant who retires from service on attaining the age of superannuation while under suspension or while disciplinary or criminal proceedings are pending against him, if in view of the authority there is a possibility of some money becoming recoverable from him on conclusion of the proceedings against him. On conclusion of the proceedings he/she will become eligible to the amount so withheld after adjustment of Government dues, if any.
2. Whether leave encashment can be sanctioned to a Govt. servant on his dismissal/removal, from service?
A government servant, who is dismissed/removed from service, ceases to have any claim to leave at his credit from the date of such dismissal, as per rule 9(1). Hence he is not entitled to any leave encashment.
Related to Your Search:
- Whether leave encashment can be sanctioned to a Govt servant on his superannuation while under suspension
- Encashment of Earned Leave on joining Central Government from PSUs – Dopt orders
- ENCASHMENT OF EARNED LEAVE ON JOINING CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES FROM PSUS & VICE VERSA
- RULE 39 CCS LEAVE RULES 1972 – LEAVE ENCASHMENT FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
- Dopt issued orders regarding the Leave Encashment alognwith LTC
- FAQ on Pension Policy (Central Civil Services)
- Whether encashment of leave is permitted after LTC is benefited for Central Govt Employees?
- Imposition of penalties of dismissal, removal or compulsory retirement – Determination of appointing authority reg.
- Regulation of pension and other retirement benefits of Government servants who were on Extraordinary leave/ unauthorized absence/ suspension as on 1.1.2016 and retired/ died thereafter without joining duty