Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 22th March, 2013
Subject : Electronic Indian Postal Order — launching of.
On the initiative of Department of Personnel and Training, Department of Posts has launched a service called “elPO (Electronic Indian Postal Order) w.e.f. 22.03.2013. This is a facility to purchase an Indian Postal Order electronically by paying a fee on-line through e-Post Office Portal i.e. http://www.epostoffice.gov.in. It can also be accessed through India Post website www.indiapost.gov.in . As per RTI Rules, 2012, fees may be paid by electronic means, if facility for receiving fees through electronic means is available with the public authority.
2. At present, this facility is provided only for Indian Citizens abroad across the globe to facilitate them to seek information from the Central Public Information Officers (CPIOs) under the RTI Act, 2005, Debit and Credit cards can be used to purchase elPO.
3. The user needs to get himself registered at the website. He has to select the Ministry/Department from whom he desires to seek the information under the RTI Act and the elPO so generated can be used to seek information from that Ministry/Department only. A printout of the elPO is required to be attached with the RTI application. If the RTI application is being filed electronically, elPO is required to be attached as an attachment.
4. It may be noted that this facility is only for purchasing an Indian Postal Order electronically. All the requirements for filing an RTI application as well as other provisions regarding eligibility, time limit, exemptions etc., as provided in the RTI Act, 2005 will continue to apply.
5. An elPO so generated must be used only once with an RTI application. To check any multiple use of the same elPO, the CPIOs shall maintain a record of the elPOs so received from Indian Citizens abroad. In case of any doubt, the details of elPO can be verified from the above mentioned site/portal of India Post.
Related to Your Search:
- Launching of Electronic Indian Postal Order – Dopt order
- Dopt Orders – Electronic Indian Postal Order – extension of service to Indian Citizens residing in India
- Extending the facility of e-IPO for payment of RTI fee in Indian Missions by ‘Indian Citizens abroad’
- Stamps as RTI Fee
- Money Order Service Continues with Addition of Online Money Transfer
- Taxpayer may verify his return through Internet Banking or through Aadhar based authentication process
- Revised Norms of IT Returns; Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns For A.Y. 2015-16 Introduced
- DoE – Development of electronic system for processing and authorizing the pension through Bhavishya and PFMS
- DOPT issued ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ (FAQ) on ‘Right to Information Act’ (RTI)