Launch of scheme for Girl Child named “Sukanya Samridhhi Account” by Hon’ble Prime Minister
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign at Panipat on January 22, he would also introduce an ambitious scheme ‘Sukanya Samruddhi Account’ to make girls financially empowered.
Modeled on the pattern of small savings schemes of the government, the Centre would offer high rate of interest for account holders under the new scheme. For the current financial year, this would work out to 9.1%. For the sake of simplicity, the manner of interest calculation would be similar to public provident fund (PPF).
Under the scheme, the account can be opened from the birth of the girl child till she attains the age of 10. A girl child who attained the age of 10 years, one year prior to notification, will also be eligible. The account can be opened by an amount of Rs 1,000 and in a financial year investment ceiling is Rs 1.5 lakh. The child can close the account earliest at the age of 21 years with option of keeping the account till marriage.
The exemption on investments made under the scheme will also be eligible for exemption under 80C of Income Tax Act, 1961.
To view Department of Economic Affairs OM No.2/3/2014.NS-II dated 20/01/2015 please Click Here.
Related to Your Search:
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana Scheme: 1.8 Lakh Accounts Opened in 2 Months
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Vs Public Provident Fund: 10 Things to Know
- 11 lakh accounts opened under Sukanya Samriddhi scheme in Tamil Nadu
- Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account / Yojana – Highest fetching interest scheme across all schemes.
- Government Savings – Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme 2019 – Gazette Notification
- Government to launch revamped Kisan Vikas Patra soon: Official
- Finmin Orders Jan 2015 – Foreign tours, Direct Benefit Transfer of LPG and Sukanya Samridhhi Account
- Deduction of TDS in respect of Senior Citizens who have Invested In Sr.Citizen Savings Scheme