Latest news on OROP – Delegates of NeXCC discussing the OROP issue with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
Delegates of National Ex-servicemen Co-ordination committee (NeXCC) discussing the OROP issue with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in New Delhi on 22.04.2015. The news published in the media as follows…
Ex-servicemen Meet Union Minister
Delegates of the National Ex-servicemen Coordination Committee, led by chairman Thaneswar Sen, vice-chairman V S John and secretary general V N Mishra, discussing the OROP issue with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in New Delhi on Wednesday
KOCHI:Delegates of the National Ex-servicemen Coordination Committee met Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar at his office in New Delhi on Wednesday and took up the issue of ‘One-Rank-One-Pension’ (OROP), which is pending before the Ministry for some time.
The Committee briefed the Minister about the concerns of the ex-servicemen community over the non-implementation of the OROP scheme by the Defence Ministry, though he had promised prompt action at a meeting held on March 18.
National Ex-servicemen Coordination Committee vice-chairman V S John, who was part of the delegation, said the Minister assured that all modalities and formalities to implement the One-Rank-One-Pension scheme were completed for issuing order. However, the Minister said the matter required a second approval from the Parliament. “The Minister was very considerate of the Pension of Personnel Below Officer Rank issue, and assured that he would obtain the approval of Parliament in the current session itself. The orders to implement the decisions will be issued before the current Parliament session concludes,” he said.
Read more at: www.newindianexpress.com
Related to Your Search:
- OROP Latest News : National Ex-servicemen Coordination committee meets Defense Minister 22.4.2015
- Government to issue OROP notification before Diwali says Parrikar
- Good news soon on One Rank One Pension (OROP): Parrikar
- UFESM expected a date for implementation of OROP
- Subramanian Swamy raises one-rank one-pension issue with Manohar Parrikar
- OROP: 99% pensioners will get benefits by January-end, says Manohar Parrikar
- OROP News: Government to issue notification on One Rank One Pension after Bihar polls – Manohar Parrikar
- One Rank, One Pension proposal this week
- One Rank One Pension: Meeting of Military veterans with Parrikar inconclusive, threaten to go on hunger strike