Latest DoPT Orders 2020 – All India Strike proposed on January 8, 2020 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 196
Any central government employee striking in any form would face the consequences that, apart from wage deductions, could also include appropriate disciplinary action
No C-45018/1 /2017-Vig.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi,
The 6th January, 2020.
Subject: All India Strike proposed on January 8, 2020 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 1964 – Regarding.
It has been brought to the notice of the Government that the Central Trade Union (CTUs), except Bhartiya Mazdoor Sangh and their affiliates in different sectors are mobilizing workers employees for their proposed nationwide general strike on January 8. 2020. The strike is mainly to protest against Union Government’s labour reforms, FDI, disinvestment, corporation and privatization polices and to press for 12 – point common demands of the working class relating to minimum wage and social security, among others.
Get more details: Central government employees news latest update
2. The instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training prohibit the Government servants from participating in any form of strike including mass casual leave go slow etc. or any action that abet any form of strike / protest in violation of Rule 7 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules. 1964. Besides in accordance with the proviso to Rule 17(1) of the Fundamental Rules. pay and allowances is not admissible to an employee for his absence from duty without any authority. As to the concomitant rights of an Association after it is formed they cannot be different form the rights which can be claimed by the individual members of which the Association is composed. It follows that the right to form an Association does not include any guaranteed right to strike /protest. There is no statutory provision empowering the employees to go on strike. The Supreme Court has also agreed in several judgments that going on a strike is a grave misconduct under the Conduct Rules and that misconduct by the Government employees is required to be dealt with in accordance with law. Any employee going on strike in any form would face the consequences which besides deduction of wages, may also include appropriate disciplinary action. Kind attention of all employees of this Department is also drawn to this Department”s O.M. No.33012/1/(s)/2008- Estt.(8) dated 12.9.2008 on the subject for strict compliance (enclosed as Annexure-A).
3. All officers are requested that the above instructions may be brought to the notice of the employees working under their control. All officers are also requested not to sanction Casual Leave or any other kind of leave to the officers and employees. if applied for during the period of proposed strike, and ensure that the willing employees are allowed hindrance free entry into the office premises.
4. In case employees go on strike all Divisional Heads are requested to forward a report indicating the number and details of employees. who are absent from duty on the day of strike. i.e. 08 .01.2020.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT: All India Protest Day for 26th November, 2018 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 1964
- DoPT: All India Protest Day for 19th September, 2018 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules) 1964
- DoPT Prohibit the Central Government Employees from participating in any form of strike in violation of Rule 7 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964
- Central Government employees proposed protesting against the National Pension Scheme (NPS) and to demand hike in Minimum pay and fitment factor under the 7th CPC – CCS (Conduct) Rules Instructions – DoPT Order
- DoPT Order 2019 – All India Strike on 8th and 9th January, 2019 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964
- Nationwide protest by Central Government employees against National Pension Scheme (NPS) on 13.03.2019 : DoPT Order
- DOPT prohibit the Central Government Employees from participating in any form of strike
- Dharna Notice for 19th September 2017 and 17th October 2017 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules) 1964
- Various forms of protest action on two days Nationwide General strike on 20th and 21st February,2013.