GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi dated 04.08.2021
The General Managers (P)
All Indian Railways/PUs
Sub: Absorption of medically decategorised employees redeployment of staff in alternative employment on priority.
During the Performance Review Meeting of CRB with General Managers and PCPOs held on 10.07.2021 it has been observed from the data furnished by the Zonal Railways that a large number of medically decategorised staff were waiting for absorption in alternative posts. It was pointed out that there is significant financial implication if staff who is medically decategorized but is not re-deployed quickly in alternative employment.
Zonal Railways/PUs are requested to look into the matter and take immediate steps to ensure that the medically decategorised staff are re-deployed in alternative posts expeditiously.
Deputy Director Estt. (N),
Related to Your Search:
- Medically incapacitated staff of Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force may be absorbed in alternative jobs
- Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff opt for voluntary Retirement
- Fixation of pay of medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative posts in revised 7th CPC pay structure
- Appointment on Compassionate grounds of dependent of medically unfit staff on the Railways
- Fixation of pay of disabled/medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative (stationary) posts in revised (6th CPC) pay structure
- Non-grant of increments to medically decategorised running staff absorbed in stationary posts
- Filling up of posts of Multi-Tasking Staff (erstwhile Group ‘D’ post) in Railway Board by absorption basis in Level-I of Pay Matrix (Pre-revised: Pay Band-1 (Rs.5200-20200) and Grade Pay Rs.1800) from the employees of Zonal Railways/Production Unions
- Exemption from passing the Typewriting Test – Implementation of instructions of DOPT
- Transfer of Non-gazetted staff – Delegation of powers to Divisional Railway Managers