KVS transfer guidelines 2016-17
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN (HQ)
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
TRANSFER GUIDELINES FOR TEACHERS UPTO PGTs & OTHERS UPTO ASSISTANT 2016
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan shall strive to maintain equitable distribution of its employees across all locations to ensure efficient functioning of the organization and optimize job satisfaction amongst employees. All employees are liable to be transferred anywhere in India at any point of time and transfer to a desired location can’t be claimed as a matter of right. While effecting transfers the organizational interest shall be given uppermost consideration and that the problems and constraints of employee shall remain subservient.
|1||Tenure||The term shall be applicable only in respect of Hard/Very Hard/ NEF Stations: 02 years for Very Hard and 03 years for Hard & NEF stations to be reckoned on 30th June of the year.Clarification:-
Tenure of 03 years in the case of Hard and NER Stations shall not be applicable to those employees who have been posted earlier with 02 years tenure. The new tenure of 03 years shall be made operative for employees transferred/ posted w.e.f. 2016-17.
|2||Hard/ Very Hard Station||As notified by the KVS from time to time. The existing list of places would continue to operate when these guidelines come into operation.|
|3||Physically Challenged Employee||Those who are in receipt of Conveyance Allowance at double the rate prescribed for other employees or any employee with more than 40% disability on production of Medical Certificate from Govt. Hospital issued by competent Medical Authority/ Board.|
|4||APAR||Annual Performance Appraisal Report.|
|5||Organization||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan or any office or school under its administrative control.|
|6||Location||A Kendriya Vidyalaya or any other office of KVS located in a place.|
|7||Station||A city/ town/ metropolis as notified by the KVS with a unique three digit code. More than one Kendriya Vidyalaya/ Office can be located at a station.|
|8||MDG||Separately defined in Annexure – I.|
|9||DFP||Incidence of Death of Spouse/ own Son/ own Daughter, if occurred in the last two years as on 30th June of the year.|
|10||LTR||Retirement due within next three years as on 30th June.|
|11||Transfer Count||Total score of points allotted to different factors relevant for a request transfer as per clause 10.|
|12||Displacement Count||Total score of points allotted to different factors that determine the displacement of an employee from a station as per clause 6.|
- APPLICABILITY & TRANSFER PROCESS
The guidelines shall be applicable to all categories of Teachers, Librarian, Head Master, Assistant and all Group C employees. Transfer shall be effected in the light of provisions contained in clauses 5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11 of the guidelines, wherein criteria on the basis of assigning appropriate points to relevant factors of transfer and using the cumulative score as the basis of transfer, has been prescribed.
- As far as possible KVS will invite Annual Transfer Applications through an ONLINE process. Annual Transfers will also be operated on the basis of computer database.
- All Transfer orders during Annual Transfer will be displayed on the website of the KVS (HQ).
- TYPES OF TRANSFER
Transfer may broadly be classified in two types, viz., Administrative Transfer, which the KVS orders suo motu in the exigencies of service and administration and in public interest, and Request Transfer which is effected bases on the request of an employee.
- ADMINISTRATIVE TRANSFER OF EMPLOYEES
Through such transfer KVS shall ordinarily :
- Redeploy surplus staff in excess of sanctioned strength at a location to other location against sanctioned vacancies.
- Post employees in Hard/ Very Hard/ NER stations.
- Displacement of an employee from a location to accommodate the request of an employee who is LTR/DFP/MDG/PH employee/Widow/Single Parent.
- Transfer of Non-teaching staff upto Assistant in KVS and other offices of KVS after completion of a tenure of 05 year in a KV and / or 10 years continuously on a station in the same post. Not more than 1/3rd of such employees shall be transferred in a year and further that the longest serving employee against this norm shall be transferred first.
Note:- This Provision has been kept in abeyance due to stay granted by the Hon’ble CAT Ernakulum Bench in the matter.
- FACTORS, POINTS AND CALCULATION OF DISPLACEMENT COUNT OF AN EMPLOYEE FOR DISPLACEMENT TRANSFER :-
Displacement Count of an employee shall be computed by assigning appropriate points to such appropriate factors considered material for displacement as per the following :-
|1||Stay at a station in the same post as on 30th June in complete years.Clarification:
||+2For each completed year|
|2||Annual Performance Appraisal Report Grading for the last two years.||+2for each below average grading|
|3||Employees below 40 years (as on 30th June of the year) who have not completed one tenure at hard/ very hard/ NE stations (During entire service on any post).||Y/N(Indicate Y for Yes and N for No)|
|4||LTR/DFP/WIDOW/SINGLE PARENT/MDGClarification :-
If an employee qualifies for more than one ground the points shall be limited to a maximum of (-) 50 only.
|5||Spouse, if a KVS Employee and posted at the same station||-20|
|5(a)||Spouse, if a Defence employee or Central Paramilitary forces posted at the same station.||-18|
|6||Physically Challenged employees.||-60|
|7||Spouse, if a Govt. Sector Employee and posted at the same station.||-15|
|8||Woman employee who is not spouse of a KVS/ Defence/ Govt. Sector employee||-6|
|9||Members of recognized associations of KVS staff who are also members of JCM at KVS regional offices and /or KVS Headquarters.||-25|
|10||Award winning employees :(a) National award given by the President of India
(b) KVS National Incentive award
(c) KVS Regional Incentive Award
If an employee has won any two or all the three awards then the maximum concession of marks shall be given as – 6
|11||Displacement Count||Total score of all the points|
- METHOD FOR ADMINISTRATIVE TRANSFER
Administrative transfer under clause 5(a) shall be effected in the decreasing order of displacement count of employees holding a post at station to eliminate surplus staff and such staff shall be accommodated against clear vacancies.
Administrative transfer under clause 5(b) shall be effected in the decreasing order of the displacement count of employees holding a post to fill up anticipated vacancies in hard/ Very Hard/ NER/ other desired stations to a desired extent. As regards 5(c), to transfer an employee, as defined in clause 11(a), to a desired station(s) mentioned in his/her request application form, an employee holding the same post with the highest displacement count, subject to not being below D1 as prescribed herein below at the relevant station(s) in the order of preference indicated by an employee, shall be liable to be displaced in the event if, there is no clear vacancy at the station(s). However an employee seeking request transfer within same station can apply for KVS choice but such transfer will be considered only against vacancy and this will not affect station seniority of the employee and will be liable to be transferred/ displaced in public interest.
While displacing an employee in such manner an effort would be made to post such an employee against a choice station indicated in annual transfer application proforma failing which to the nearest vacancy against a clear vacancy. In case of a tie in the displacement count of employees the male employee shall be displaces. In case of a tie between the employees of the same gender the employee with earlier date of joining in present station in present post shall be displaced and in case date of joining also coincided for two or more employees then the youngest employee shall be displaced.
- Provided, a cut off mark D1 on Displacement Count may be prescribed on year to year basis below which an employee shall not be displaced in a particular year except under clause 5(a) 5(c) and to accommodate an employee who has completed tenure in NER/Hard/Very Hard station.
- Provided, more factors can be added/ deleted and points allocated for different factors can be altered on year to year basis to remediate any imbalance resulting in transfers. Changes shall be notified well in advance before inviting transfer applications.
- Provided, an employee with a higher displacement count can be retained if the employee’s services are absolutely crucial in the organizational interest. In such eventuality an employee with next lower displacement count shall be liable to be displaced.
- Provided, exemption for one year at a time can be given to an employee or group of employees from displacement for such period owing to circumstances or such other administrative exigencies justifying such exemption.
KVS employees whose children are likely to appear in class XII Board Exams in the transfer year will get exemption of one year.
An Employee who has disabled dependent child may also be considered under this provision on the production of Medical Certificate issued by the competent authority. (For list of disabilities see 11 (e).
- Provided, an employee can be transferred from a location if the employee’s stay has become prejudicial to the interest of the organization at any point of time.
- Provided further, an employee can be transferred to a location in administrative exigencies without having any regard to the displacement count of the employee.
- Provided, an employee can be transferred in public interest from a location to another Location/ station having low staff strength in the same region in the descending order of displacement count after the completion of annual transfer process.
- An employee, being surplus and redeployed at some other station under Para 5(a), may be considered for coming back within one year, if vacancy arises later on at the same station from which he/she was transferred out. In the case of more than one such surplus redeployed employees from the same station, the junior most employee in terms of stay at the previous station shall be given first priority, Provided, that he/she makes request for the same.
- Employees below 40 years of age (as on 30th June of the year) who have not completed one tenure at hard/ very hard/ NE stations in continuous span in service and not presently posted to such stations and have completed one year stay at present station in the present post, in their decreasing order of Displacement Count can be posted in Hard/ Very Hard/ NER stations Choice stations, if any, for posting in Hard/ Very Hard/ NER station may be indicated in regular annual transfer application. Employees may opt for a posting at hard/ very hard/ NER station. KVS shall post them to such location in a transparent manner as per prescribed calendar of activities. Such transfer though on request shall be treated administrative in nature in accordance with clause 5(b) above.
- REQUEST TRANSFER OF EMPLOYEE
Request transfer shall be effected as per the prescribed calendar of activities. Transfer on request shall be effected on the basis of “Transfer Count” of an employee computed by assigning appropriate points to factors considered relevant for transfer. An employee on initial posting on recruitment is normally barred from applying for request transfer for one year in terms of the appointment order. An employee will not be eligible for request transfer twice in an academic year.
- FACTORS, POINTS AND CALCULATION OF TRANSFER COUNT OF AN EMPLOYEE FOR REQUEST TRANSFER :-
|1||Active Stay at a station as on 30th June for all stations (Periods of continuous absence of 30 days or more at normal station and 45 days for more at Hard/ Very Hard/ NER stations shall not be counted.)Clarification:-
An employee whose transfer order is issued on or after 20th June will be provided a relaxation of 25 days for delay in joining at Hard/ Very Hard and NER station to compute the tenure. The period of 25 days includes period of availed joining time and leaves, if any taken together.
|+2For each completed year|
|2||Annual Performance Appraisal Report Grading for the last two years. If the report for any of the last two years is not written or is unavailable no point shall be given for the relevant year(s).||+2for outstanding grading for each year|
|3||Award winning employees;(a) National award given by the President of India
(b) KVS National Incentive award
(c) KVS Regional Incentive Award
If an employee has won any two or all the three awards then the maximum concession of +6 marks shall be given.
|4||Spouse if working in KVS at the requested station or within 100 km.||+20|
|4(a)||Spouse if working in Defence at the requested station or within 100 km||+18|
|5||Spouse if working in Government Sector at the requested station or within 100 km||+15|
|6||LTR/DFP/MDG/Widow/Single Parent. If an employee qualifies for more than one ground the points shall be limited to a maximum of +50 only.If an employee qualifies for more than one ground the points shall be limited to a maximum of +50 only. Further, if an employee has already secured a request transfer in previous year(s) on the basis of these additional points the points shall not given again.||+50|
|7||a) Completion of tenure in Hard/ NER stations (03 years)b) Completion of tenure in Very Hard stations (02 years). Counts shall be given only when an employee applies for transfer just after completing the tenure at Hard/ Very Hard/ NER station(s). The maximum points under the head shall remain +55/+60 only.
Tenure of 03 years in the case of Hard and NER stations shall not be applicable to those employees who have been posted earlier with 02 years tenure. The new tenure of 03 years shall be made operative for employees transferred/ posted w.e.f. 2016-17.
|8||Physically challenged employee.Further, if an employee has already secured a request transfer in previous year(s) on the basis of these additional points, the points shall not be given again in the same post.||+60|
|9||Woman employeeClarification :-
Women employees eligible for points under serial No. 4,5 and 6 herein above shall not be eligible for this Transfer points
|Transfer Count||Total score of all the points|
- METHOD FOR REQUEST TRANSFER
Request transfer for a post will be considered at a station only except for request of intra-station transfer and shall be accommodated in decreasing order of “Transfer Count” computed on the basis of clause 10 of competing employees. In case of a tie in the transfer count of two or more employees competing for a location/station the female employee, shall be preferred first. In case of tie in two or more employees of the same gender an employee with an earlier date of joining in present post in present station shall be accommodated and in case, if the date of joining in present post in present station also coincides then the older employee shall be first accommodated. Transfer counts of all request transfer applications shall be displayed on KVS website and the transfer count so displayed shall remain valid till 31st of July of the relevant year and request transfer may be considered for vacancies arising due to retirement or any other reason during the period of validity for which no fresh application shall be invited or considered. Applications shall automatically become infructuous after the expiry of 31st July.
- Provided, a cut off mark C1 on transfer count may be prescribed on year to year basis in such a way that an employee whose transfer count is equal to Cl or more may be transferred in one of the desired station(s) even by way of displacement of an employee as per clause 5(c) in the event there is no clear vacancy at the desired station(s). In such cases an employee having the highest displacement count subject to not being below D1 shall be liable to be displaced from within the choice station(s) in order of preference indicated by the needy employee. If no employee holding the same post and having a displacement count D1 or more is found in all the choice station(s) going in order of preference indicated by an employee the request of such a needy employee may not be acceded to.
- Provided, a lower cut off mark C2 on Transfer Count may be prescribed on year to year basis below which the request shall not be accommodated in a particular year. Request for transfer of an employee whose transfer count is less than Cl but greater or equal to C2 shall be considered subject to existence of a vacancy in the desired locations/ stations preferably in KVs having more vacancies thereafter in KVs having less vacancies.
- Provided, more factors can be added/ deleted, points allocated for different factors can be altered to remediate any imbalance resulting in transfers, on year to year basis. Changes shall be notified well in advance before inviting applications.
- Provided further, the request of an employee with a lower transfer count can be accommodated in preference to employee(s) with higher transfer count if the services of such an employee are essential for efficient functioning of the organization or in view of such other circumstances faced by the employee which justifies such out of turn consideration.
- Provided that employees with differently abled dependent children should be given posting in ‘A’ & ‘B’ class cities in case they are not able to get transfer to their choice stations indicated. Further in such cases, percentage of disability should be as per DOPT norms.
DOPT OM No. 42011/3/2014-Estt. (Res) dated 05.01.2016 has clarified that the word “disabled” includes (i) blindness or low vision (ii) hearing impairment (iii) locomotor disability or cerebral palsy (iv) leprosy cured (v) mental retardation (vi) mental illness (vii) multiple disabilities (viii) autism (ix) Thalassemia and (x) Haemophilia.
- MUTUAL TRANSFER
An employee shall be eligible for seeking a Mutual Transfer at his/ her desired place, if, she/ he full-fills the following conditions :-
- If, he/she has completed at least 01 year stay in the same post at the same station on the 30th June of the year in which transfer is being sought.
- Benefit of the Mutual Transfer shall only be allowed twice in the entire Service Period with the condition that the same pair of employees cannot seek the second time Mutual Transfer with each other.
- The entry for availing the opportunity of a Mutual transfer shall be made in the service records of the employee. Mutual Transfer seeker employees shall apply separately through proper channel after the completion of the normal process of transfer every year & mutual transfer will be ordered at the end of transfer calendar.
TRANSFER AGAINST NO TAKER VACANCY
- KVS will consider the request of employees for the transfer against a NO TAKER vacancy after the completion of the normal transfer process. No taker vacancy means a post which remains vacant after the completion of annual transfer calendar. Transfer seeker employees will apply separately through proper channel after the completion of the normal process of transfer every year & No Taker vacancy transfer will be considered at the end of transfer calendar.
- An employee can apply either for a Mutual transfer or a transfer against a NO TAKER vacancy, not for the both.
- If a KVA employee wants to join his/ her spouse through the “No Taker Vacancy” provision, such an employee will be given top priority. In case Husband and Wife both get transferred in the same year, first one of them gets transferred under the other provisions of the transfer guidelines to a Hard/ Very Hard/ NER station and later on, the other one joins his/ her already transferred spouse through “No Taker Vacancy” provision, the period from 01st July till the date of issue of the transfer order +25 days (25 days includes period of availed joining time and other leaves, if any, taken together) will be counted for the completion of tenure of the spouse getting transferred under “No Taker Vacancy” at a later stage. This way the tenure of both the spouses at a Hard/ Very Hard/ NER stations would be synchronized.
- In case of more than one claimant employee for the same post in a Kendriya Vidyalaya (except employees covered under (iii) above, preference shall be given to the employee who will be the Senior Most in terms of service in KVS.
- Once the transfer of an employee is ordered by the KVS on the request of an employee during Annual Transfer Process, the same shall not be considered for cancellation or modification before elapsing ONE YEAR, except, for the administrative reasons.
- Yoga Teachers can apply for their request transfer to any KV. Transfer of a Yoga Teacher shall be treated as transfer with his/her post.
- AUTHORITIES COMPETENT TO EFFECT TRANSFER
Article 15(a)(3) of Education Code for Kendriya Vidyalayas empowers Commissioner, KVS to transfer, post and assign any duties to all officers and staff at the headquarters and Regional Offices as well as Vidyalayas, Therefore, Commissioner shall be competent to exercise all powers under these guidelines to effect transfer and / or grant exemption under various clauses and provisos; and/or do any other exercise prescribed under various clauses and provisos. Commissioner may delegate power to such authorities with such further limitations for such period as deemed appropriate in view of prevailing circumstances either by a general or specific order to such authorities. Power so delegated is liable to be withdrawn by the Commissioner whose discretion in this regard shall be final.
- POWER OF RELAXATION OF GUIDELINES
Notwithstanding anything contained in the guidelines, the Commissioner with the approval from the Chairman, KVS, shall be the sole competent authority to transfer any employee to any place in relaxation of any or all of the above provisions.
- INTERPRETATION OF GUIDELINES
Commissioner, KVS shall be the sole competent authority to interpret above provisions and pass such other order(s) as deemed appropriate and essential to facilitate the implementation of the guidelines for the purpose of effective control and administration of the KVS as a whole.
- SAFEGUARD AGAINST EXTRANEOUS INFLUENCE
Employees shall not bring in any outside influence. If such an influence from whichever source espousing the cause of an employee is received it shall be presumed that the same has been brought in by the employee. The request of such an employee shall not be considered. Action may also be initiated against such an employee under relevant service rules. Outside influence shall include representations from even spouse and family members/ relatives of KVS employees. Any representation/ request regarding transfer not signed by the employee himself/ herself shall not be considered and shall be summarily rejected.
- CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES OF ANNUAL TRANSFER
A detailed calendar of activities of annual transfer will be prepared by KVS to effect annual transfers pursuant to these guidelines. The following time frame/ deadlines will be followed to complete the process :-
- Issuance of transfer orders by 31st July by KVS.
- Modifications / Cancellations on administrative ground/ to remove anomalies in transfer orders already issued by 31st August by KVS.
- Transfers with approval of Chairman, KVS by 30th September
- Annual Transfer process will close from 1st
- After 1st October transfer on Administrative Grounds by the Commissioner.
- Transfer requests in exceptional circumstances against vacancies will be done with the approval of the Commissioner KVS after 01st October in cases of :-
- MDG of employee self
- Mid-Session transfer of a KVS employee against a vacancy on account of transfer of his/her spouse.
- No transfers would be ordered during annual examinations.
G.K. Srivastava, IAS
Addl. Commissioner (Admn. & Vig)
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (HQ)
18, Institutional Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi – 16
ANNEXURE – 1
Type of Diseases Prescribed as Valid for Transfer on Medical Grounds
Note :- Refer Para No. 2 (8) of KVS Transfer Guidelines. “MDG” means an employee seeking transfer on the basis of one or more of the medical conditions listed in Annexture-1, affecting himself/ herself, spouse or dependent son/ daughter.
TYPE OF DISEASE
- PARALYTIC STROKE
- RENAL FAILURE
- CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE AS EXPLAINED BELOW
- PARKINSONS DISEASE
- MOTOR-NEURON DISEASE
- ANY OTHER DISEASE WITH MORE THAN 50% MENTAL DISABILITY
The brief description of illness which will be considered as medical grounds for the purpose of transfer, in terms of transfer guidelines is as under. Medical terms referred herein will bear meaning as given in the Butterworth’s Medical Dictionary.
It is the presence of uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells. The definition of cancer includes leukemia, lymphomas and Hodgkins’ disease.
This excludes non-invasive carcinoma(s) in-Situ, localized non-invasive tumour(s) revealing early malignant changes and tumour(s) in presence of HIV infection or AIDS; any skin cancer excepting malignant melanoma(s) are also to be excluded.
- Paralytic Stroke
(Cerebro-vascular accidents) Death of a portion of the brain due to vascular causes such as (s) Hemorrhage (cerebral), Thrombosis (cerebral), (c) Embolism (cerebral) causing total permanent disability of two or more limbs persisting for 3 months after the illness.
- i) Transient/ Ischamic attacks.
- ii) Stroke –like syndromes resulting from
- Head Injury
- Intracranial space occupying lesions like abscess, traumatic hemorrhage and tumour
- Tuberculosis meningitis, Pyogenic meningitis and meningococcal meningitis.
- Renal failure
It is the final renal failure stage due to chronic irreversible failure of both the kidneys. It must be well documented. The teacher must produce evidence of undergoing regular haemodialysis and other relevant laboratory investigations and doctor certification.
- Coronary artery Disease
- Cases involving surgery on the advice of a consultant cardiologist to correct narrowing or blockage of one or more coronary arteries or valve replacements/ reconstructions shall be considered MDG cases up to three years from the date of actual open heart surgery and the eligible employees shall be entitled for the points during this period.
- Cases involving non surgical techniques e.g. Angioplasty through the arterial system. Such cases will be considered MDG Cases for a period of one year from the date of procedure and the eligible employees shall be entitled for points during this period.
It is an inherited disorder and it is diagnosed on clinical and various laboratory parameter. Patient with Thalassaemia, who is anemic and is dependant upon regular blood transfusion for maintaining the haemoglobin level. In addition he is on chelating agent and other supportive care.
- i) Thalassaemia major :- History of blood transfusion/ replacement at less than three months interval. It must be well supported by all medical documents. The history should include the periodicity/duration of blood transfusion/ replacement required by the patient/ Chelation therapy.
- Patient may have Thalassaemia minor. His anemia may become severe because of concurrent infection or stress. Anemia may become severe because of nutritional deficiency or other associated factor.
- Blood transfusion is not required and these patients do not require Chelation therapy.
Slowly progressive degenerative disease of nervous system causing tremor, rigidity, slowness and disturbance of balance.
Must be confirmed by a neurologist.
Involuntary tremulous motion with lessened muscular power, in parts not in action and even when supported; with a propensity to bend the trunk forward and to pass from a waling to a running pace, the senses and intellects being uninjured.
- Patients who are stable with the support of medicine.
- Detection of Parkinsons’ disease within the duration of 5 years.
Date of detection of the disease, hospitalization extent of involvement, duration of treatment along with discharge summary should be furnished. Mention should be made about the progressiveness of the disease, and summary of inception of the patient must be confirmed by Neurologist.
- MOTOR-NEURON DISEASE :
Slowly progressive degeneration of motor neuron cells of brain and spinal cord causing weakness, wasting and twitching in limbs and difficulty in speaking and swallowing.
Must be confirmed by neurologist.
Inclusions: Irreversible/ progressive motor neuron disease with presence of weakness wasting and fasciculation of limbs with/ without brisk tendon jerks and extension painter response.
Exclusion : Weakness of muscle due to other causes like infections, neuropathy traumation, idiopathic, motor-neuron disease involving less than 02 limbs and the muscle power is more than 3 grades.
Requirement : It should be duly supported by MRI, EMG and nerve conduction test.
- “Any other disease with more than 50% mental disability duly examined by and recommended by the respective Regional Medical Board with latest records/ reports (within three months).
Related to Your Search:
- New Transfer Guidelines Kendriya Vidyalaya Teaching Employees
- TRANSFER POLICY FOR GROUP B OFFICERS OF ORDNANCE FACTORIES
- Financial up-gradation under MACPs by neglecting the promotion from Assistant Station Master (ASM) to Station Master (SM)
- DoP – Instructions regarding Rotational transfer
- KVS Transfer Guidelines 2018
- Transfer policy guidelines for Postal Employees
- Fixation of pay in case of employees who seek transfer to a lower post under FR 15(a)
- Procedures for claiming HRA on Transfer with connection of Government Accommodation
- Posting of Government employees who have differently abled dependents