Kashmir Festival From May 13
As a major initiative to promote Tourism in Kashmir Valley the Union Minister Tourism Shri K. Chiranjeevi announced here today that “Kashmir Festival 2013” will be held for a fortnight from May 13th to May 29th at different places in the State of Jammu & Kashmir. The Minister said his Ministry is providing financial support for this. The Festival will be held in Sringar, Pahalgam, Yousmarg, Manasbal, Doodhpathri, Gulmarg, Lolab Valley and Sonmarg and will include activities such as Shikara Races, Cycle Races, Canoeing, River Rafting, Para Gliding, Painting, Swimming Competition, Horse Races etc. The Festival will also showcase culture of Jammu & Kashmir through performances by the cultural troupes of the State.
For successful organization of the Festival, the Ministry of Tourism is also coordinating with other Ministries including Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Civil Aviation for outlining the concessional fares / tour package, Ministry of Culture for organizing cultural events through different cultural troupes and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports for undertaking sports activities such as Boat Race and other adventure sports like paragliding, horse race etc.
The local service providers such as hoteliers, Guest House Owners including House Boats of Kashmir Division have already offered discount of 20-30% as a special case for the tour packages/tourists during the forthcoming tourist season.
Related to Your Search:
- Facility to travel by any airlines to visit Jammu & Kashmir on LTC
- LTC by air extended for 2 more years
- CGDA: Admissibility of SPORTS tour package to Lakshadweep Islands on ships operated by its Administration on LTC
- MHA issues order to make domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir eligible for all Government posts in the Union Territory
- Admissibility of SPORTS (Society for Promotion of Nature Tourism and Sports) tour package to Lakshadweep Islands on ships operated by Lakshadweep Administration on LTC
- 7th CPC pay and allowances will be available to all the Government employees of UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
- Government Employees of Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh to get all 7th CPC Allowances from 31st October 2019
- Marathon race for Central Government Employees in New Delhi
- Relaxation for LTC travel by air to visit Jammu and Kashmir – Expected order from Dopt