Karnataka Makes Aadhaar Card Compulsory for Medical Care
Aadhaar Card was a controversial issue during the recently concluded Lok Sabha elections. When the new government took charge at the Centre, there were talks that the card might be discontinued. But, now that the Government has given a go-ahead to continue the Aadhaar card, the Karnataka state government has decided to give more value to the card. Henceforth, Aadhaar number has been made mandatory for employees of the Karnataka state government who are utilizing the free medical treatment, ‘Jyothi Sanjeevani’.
There are more than 5.6 lakh state government employees in Karnataka, and 40% of them are yet to receive the Aadhaar cards. Employees without Aadhaar cards and their families have been asked to submit details, including photographs, online at the e-Governance Department. These temporary measures are valid only until the employees and their families get their Aadhaar cards. The department of labour welfare has ordered the employees to get their Aadhaar cards as soon as possible. The district collectors have been given the responsibility of conducting special camps to issue Aadhaar cards to state government employees of each district.
According to the press release issued by the Karnataka Government, Aadhaar card shall be treated as identity card for state government employees and their families to avail of free medical care under the Jyothisanjeevani Scheme. Employees will have to register their Aadhaar number, via the salary disbursing officer, with the Human Resource Department – H.R.M.S.
Employees who do not have Aadhaar cards will have to submit photographs of themselves and their family members, along with details, to the concerned officer and get them registered with the H.R.M.S.
Related to Your Search:
- Linking of CGHS Card number with Aadhaar is purely on a voluntary basis
- Accepting of E-Aadhaar as Prescribed Proof of Identity for Reserved Journey
- Aadhaar number made compulsory in all government service records
- Policy regarding uniformity in the Medical Identity Cards issued to employees and other beneficiaries on Indian Railways.
- Ministry of Railways approves digital Aadhaar and Driving Licence from Digital Locker as proof of identity of passengers for undertaking journey by Train
- Issue of Identity Cards to Central Government pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders on 12.8.2015
- Government all set to launch special colour coded Aadhaar card for disabled
- Issuing of Aadhaar cards through post offices and banks
- Good news for Central Government Pensioners