Sub: Revision of the rates of Dearness Allowance- reg.
Government are pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance payable to the State Government Employees in the Revised Pay Scales 2012 from the existing 32.5% to 36% Basic Pay with effect from 1st January 2016.
2. These orders will apply to the full time Government Employees, Employees of Zilla Panchayata, Work Charged Employees on regular time scales of pay, full time Employees of Aided Educational Institutions and Universities who are on regular time scales of pay.
3. For the purpose of grant of Dearness Allowance, the term “Basic Pay” means, pay drawn by a Government Employee in the scale of pay applicable to the post held by him and includes:
a. Stagnation increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
b. Personal pay, if any, granted to him under sub-rule (3) of Rule 7 of the Karnataka Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2012.
c.Additional incrment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
4. Basic pay shall not include any emoluments other than those specified above.
5. Government are also pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance from the existing 32.5% to 36 of the Basic Pension/Family Pension with effect from 1st January 2016 to the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners and Pensioners/Family Pensioners of the Aided Educational Institutions whose pension/family pension is paid out of the consolidated fund of the state.
6. Government are also pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance from the existing 32.5% to 36% of the Basic Pension/family Pension with effect from 1st January 2016 to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners who were drawing pay in the UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of Pay.
7. Separate orders will be issued in respect of Employees on UGC/AICTE/ICAR/NJPC scales of pay and also in respect of NJPC Pensioners.
8. The increase in Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash.
9. The Payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 Paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 Paise shall be ignored.
10. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OR KARNATAKA
Related to Your Search:
- Karnataka Government DA order Jan 2013
- DA Order 2013: Karnataka Government DA (Dearness Allowance) Order July 2013
- Sanction of Dearness Allowance: Karnataka State Government Employees DA Orders
- Dearness Allowance: Directorate of Pension: Government of Tamil Nadu
- 7% DA Orders Jan 2018: TN Govt Employees and Pensioners
- FAQ on Dearness Relief to Central Civil Pensioners
- Dearness Allowance for Karnataka Government Employees from 1.1.2018
- Dearness Allowance (DA) is granted to Railway employees
- 6% DA Orders issued for TN State Government Employees and Pensioners from January 2016