Jammu and Kashmir government women employees can now get 2-years child care leave
Srinagar: In a major welfare measure for women employees in Jammu and Kashmir, the state government today approved Child Care leave for them for a period of two years to look after their children.
The Government issued a notification allowing the Child Care leave for its women employees. As per the new provision, a women employee can avail a maximum period of 730 days of child care leave during her entire service for taking care of her two eldest children, an official spokesman said.
He said the leave can be taken to look after the children’s education, illness and other similar requirements. The spokesman said after approval by Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, the Finance Department has issued the notification incorporating the child care leave in the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services (Leave) Rules.
During the period of child care leave, a woman employee shall be paid leave salary equal to pay drawn immediately before proceeding on leave and the child care leave can be combined with any other kind of leave, the spokesman said.
However, the leave shall not be granted for more than three spells in a calendar year, he said. The spokesman said though child care leave can be claimed only after completion of probation period by the employee, yet as a humanitarian gesture, some minimum child care leave can be allowed to a probationer in certain extreme circumstances.
The present PDP-BJP coalition Government in its first budget had announced that the child care leave shall be introduced in the State Leave Rules so that the difficulties faced by working mothers is resolved and women employees get this benefit at par with Central Government employees.
Related to Your Search:
- CHILD CARE LEAVE : DOPT and FINMIN ORDERS
- Child Care Leave – DoPT
- Child Care Leave to women employees of Public Sector undertakings – Dopt
- Alternative Arrangement in Place of Employees on Child Care Leave
- Central Government women employees can get 730 days leave for child care: Supreme Court
- Child Care Leave to Female Industrial Employees of Defence Establishments – Clarification order issued by Dopt
- Child Care Leave for Central Government male employees – Single male parent
- Child care leave to be applied for in advance: High Court
- CCS Leave Rules – Extend the benefit of Child Care Leave to the single male Defence Civilian Industrial employees