Issue of Individual CGHS Plastic Cards to all (Retired and Existing) beneficiaries
It has been decided by the office of PCDA Bangalore, to Issue Individual Plastic Card to all CGHS beneficiaries from 1st August 2012 by CGHS Koramangala, Bangalore. In this connection, the guidelines on Issue of Individual Plastic Cards to each CGHS beneficiary (serving and retired) are revised as follows:
1) CGHS Cards shall be issued only to the eligible Central Government Employees whose place of residence is situated within the coverage area of CGHS.
2) Requisition for CGHS shall be prepared in duplicate in Form “A”.
3) Requisitions for CGHS Cards shall be accompanied by two copies of recent 3X5 cm size individual photographs of all the family members of the government employee. One set of the photograph shall be signed on the back by the concerned beneficiary & enclosed with the application form.
4) Requisitions shall be sent along with two copies of the challan as on Form ‘C’ duly filled in.
5) On the occurrence of death, CGHS Cards issued to the government employee shall be withdrawn for cancellation.
6) In case of change in entitlement for CGHS facilities, the Government employee shall enclose the CGHS Card(s) with the application for Issuing new card(s) with the revised entitlement.
7) In case of mutilation, the mutilated card shall be enclosed with the application along with the challan in token of payment of the prescribed charges for issuing a new card.
8) Duplicate Cards may be issued on payment of prescribed fee with details of lost / misplaced cards.
9) The plastic cards issued by CGHS shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of issue. The validity period shall also be indicated on the card.