Issue of Hearing Aid prescribed for ECHS Members: Amendment to Policy Central Organisation, ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Integrated Headquarters of
Ministry of Defence (Army)
New Delhi – 110010
29 Aug 2013
ISSUE OF MEDICAL EQPT PRESCRIBED FOR ECHS MEMBERS:
AMENDMENT TO POLICY
1, Refer following of Central Org ECHS letters:-
(a) B/49773/AG/ECHS dated 05 Apr 2004.
(b) B/49770/AG/ECHS/HA dated 30 Aug 2006.
(c) B/49761/AG/ECHS/Policy dated 01 Apr 2013.
2. As per letter as 1 (a) above the following Med Eqpts are authorized for issue to ECHS members:-
(a) Hearing Aids.
(b) Artificial Limbs / Appliances.
(c) Glucometers and Nebulisers.
(d) CIPAP / BIPAP Machines.
3. The competent Financial Authority for purchase of all a/m Med Eqpts is the Station Cdr as per letter as para 1 (a). For all Regional Centres where medical claims are being processed ‘on line’ w.e.f 01 Apr 2013, CFA has been redesignated as per letter at para 1 (c). All such claims will be processed physically by Polyclinics and Regional Centres and not “On line” as was being done hither-to-fore.
4. Para 6(a) of this office letter No. B/49770/AG/ECHS/HA dated 30 Aug 2006 is amended as under for Body worn/Pocket type/Analogue BTE hearing aids.
For – “Recommendation for Hearing Aids will be acceptable ONLY from a Service ENT Specialist”
Read – “Recommendation for Hearing Aids will be acceptable from Service ENT Specialist / ENT Specialist of Govt Hospitals.”
Related to Your Search:
- Medicines reimbursement – Special Sanction until July 31, 2021 in light of Covid-19: ECHS
- ECHS: Unlisted Lab Tests in Emergency
- ECHS Orders – Use of Injectables (Anti VEGF Agents)
- REVISION OF ECHS RATES FOR EMPANELLED HOSPITALS, DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES AND IMAGING CENTRES, MUMBAI
- Revision of rate & guidelines for reimbursement of expenses on purchase of Hearing Aids under CS(MA) Rules, 1944 and CGHS
- DELAY IN HANDING OVER OF ECHS SMART CARD TO ECHS BENEFICIARIES
- ECHS Order: Empanelled Hospital Claims- Ophthalmic procedures
- ELIGIBILITY OF PERMANENTLY DISABLED UNMARRIED SON OF A ECHS BENEFICIARY TO AVAIL ECHS FACILITY
- Revision of ECHS Rates for Empanelled Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories and imaging centres, Mumbai