Special Passes for Medical Treatment – RBE 178/2018
Issuance of Special Passes on Medical grounds for follow-up medical treatment in outstation Hospitals: Railway Board Order
RBE No. 178/2018
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 16.11.2018
The General Managers (P)
All Zonal Railways &
The Chief–Medical Directors
All Zonal Railways.
Sub: Issuance of Special Passes on Medical grounds for follow-up medical treatment in outstation Hospitals.
It has been brought to the notice of Board that difficulties are being faced by serving/retired railway employees & their family members due to the present practice or issuing of Special Passes on medical grounds for follow-up medical treatment. Such passes are being issued just a few days before the due date of visit to specialized hospitals located in outstations. Due to this practice, the beneficiaries of such Special Passes are unable to secure confirmed advance reservation.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Health Dte. of the Ministry of Railways. Keeping in view the fact that the beneficiaries of such passes are normally those who are suffering from serious ailments like cancer, renal failure, heart ailments, etc. and in order to facilitate securing of advance reservation for them, it has been decided to stipulate the following procedure for issuing of Special Passes [under Schedule VII of Railway Servants (Pass) Rules, 1986 (Second Edition 1993) for follow-up medical treatment:-
(i) The Competent Medical Officer in the Railway Hospital will issue necessary prescription on the basis of follow-up visit advice recorded by the outstation Hospital, as and when approached by the beneficiary, without waiting for the due date for follow-up visit to come nearer. In the said prescription, the period of travel validity (which is to be endorsed on the pass) must be indicated clearly, which shall be one week i.e. 7 days before and 21 days after the clue date of visit. For example, If a beneficiary has to reach a Hospital in Mumbai for follow-up treatment on 8th December 2018, the Medical Officer concerned should write in the prescription: “Special Pass valid for travel from 1st Dec, 2018 to 29th Dcc, 2018 may be issued.”
(ii) The PASS Issuing Authorities, on the basis of Aforementioned prescription and recommendation will issue Special Pass upto 5 months in advance endorsing thereon the travel validity period as “Valid for travel from __/__/_____ to __/__/_____” (i.e. the dates as recommended in the prescription).
3. Moreover, representations are also being received in Board’s office. from the beneficiaries of Special Passes issued on medical grounds complaining of delays in issue of such passes. In this context, the Railways are directed to sensitize the concerned pass issuing officials to issue the Special Passes on medical grounds on the very same day of receipt-of the application in case of serious ailments and at the most, next day in all other cases.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways;
Dy. Director Estt. (Welfare)-I
Source: Railway Board
Related to Your Search:
- Railways : Inclusion of a Parent as well as Medical Attendant in Special Passes issued on medical grounds
- Privilege Pass, PTO, Post Retirement Complimentary Pass from next year’s account should be issued 5 months in advance
- Issue of First Class ‘A’ Special Duty Cheque Pass to Railway Servants called for special felicitation/reward/award
- Validation of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Hamsafar Express trains, Gatimaan Express trains and all other Special trains including Suvidha Express, Special Trains on special charges etc
- Issue of Privilege Passes/PTOs covering Udhampur-Katra Section: Clarification by Railway Board
- Extending the validity of full/half sets of Privilege Passes, Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, Widow Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders (PTOs)
- Regulation of entitlement of Passes & PTOs till issue of orders on the basis of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
- 7th CPC Revised pay limits for entitlement of Passes and PTOs for railway servants
- LTC to Railway employees (and Government servants whose spouses are Railway servants)